Green tea not just helps one to shed that extra pounds but there are plenty of other health benefits of green tea.
According to a recent study published in the journal ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, a compound found in green tea can help fix tooth sensitivity problems and also prevent dental cavities.
You have tooth sensitivity when the protective layers of teeth are worn away and a bony tissue called dentin is exposed. So when you eat or drink anything that is either too hot or too cold it causes pain.
In addition when you leave this exposed for long time it leads to formation of a cavity.
As part of the study the researchers Cui Huang from Wuhan University in China and the team had taken nanohydroxyapatite and EGCG - that helps to fight streptococcus mutans, forming biofilms that cause cavities.
The ingredients were then combined with the mineral silica nanoparticles which are known to shield the tooth from the acidic deposits on the enamel and prevents the wear and tear. The green tea compounds also act as a natural breath freshener as per the team.
Meanwhile, the researchers also found that the catechins (such as EGCG) stop adhesion of sugar containing materials - that causes plaque formation. The bacteria in turn feeds on the plaque producing acids which accelerate erosion of the tooth surface.
- Did You Know That Green Tea Is Best For Weight Loss?
- How To Go On A Green Tea Diet Plan To Lose Weight Fast
- How Can Green Tea Help In Enhancing Beauty? A DIY Green Tea Facial Guide
- The Ultimate Tea Guide: The 4 Different Types Of Tea And Their Benefits
- Using Green Tea For Different Skin Types
- Want To Get The Maximum Health Benefits From Green Tea? Here's How You Can Do It