Drinking boiled cardamom water can provide you with several health benefits. This spice is commonly used as a treatment for mouth ulcers, digestive problems and also depression.
Several studies have also confirmed the health benefits of cardamom. Its worth adding these spices to your foods as they not only give you a good flavour, but also serves you with immense health benefits.
Cardamom is also used to treat several other issues including heartburn, intestinal spasms, irritable bowel syndrome, intestinal gas, constipation, liver and gall bladder complaints. It also increases the movement of the food through the intestines.
Cardamom is a good source of minerals like potassium, calcium, sulfur and magnesium along with iron and manganese. They are also known for their antiseptic, antioxidant, carminative, digestive, diuretuc, expectorant, stimulant and tonic properties.
Cardamom can improve your health in numerous ways. Here, we have listed some of the top health benefits of cardamom water. Read further to know more about the benefits of drinking cardamom water.
Cardamom can be used in many ways to counteract digestive problems. Drinking cardamom water everyday helps fight against nausea, acidity, bloating, gas, loss of appetite, constipation and many more.
This spice helps the body eliminate the waste through the kidneys. Hence it is recommended to consume cardamom water everyday.
Drinking cardamom water acts as a good detoxifier, due to its diuretic properties. It cleans out the urinary tract, bladder and kidneys. It also removes the waste, salt, excess water, toxins and combats infections.
Having cardamom water as your everyday beverage helps fight against depression. It is also an Ayurvedic means of getting relief from this disorder.
5. Oral Health:
Drinking cardamom water everyday helps fight against mouth ulcers, infection of the mouth and throat.
6. Cold And Flu:
This drink helps relieve the symptoms of cold and flu. It is also used to fight against bronchitis and coughs.
Several studies have shown that cardamom water protects against, inhibits the growth and even kills some cancers.
8. Blood Pressure:
Being a diuretic and fibre rich spice, cardamom water significantly helps lower the blood pressure levels.
Many of the vitamin, phytonutrients and essential oils in cardamom acts as antioxidants, cleaning up the free radicals and resisting cellular ageing.
The volatile essential oils in cardamom inhibits the growth of viruses, bacteria, fungi and mold.
- 8 Important Things To Know About Drinking More Water
- Does Increasing Water Intake Aid Weight Loss?
- Ayurveda Breaks The Myth About Drinking Water Just Before Or After A Meal
- Drinking Too Much Water Can Lead To Brain Swelling, Says Study
- Does Eating Rice Affect Water Retention?
- 9 Best Foods For Healthy Kidneys
- Which Is Healthier For You – Hot Water Or Cold Water?
- Drink Warm Water With Honey and Raw Garlic for Weight Loss
- Knowing These 10 Signs of Dehydration Can Save Your Life!
- Should You Drink Water Immediately After Eating?
- Water Intoxication: How Much Water Is Too Much?
- 10 Benefits Of Drinking Water On An Empty Stomach