Most of us never give a thought to the dos and don'ts after an intercourse or before having one. Most of the time, the reason why we get infections down there is due to the unhygienic habits that we follow.
There are some important things that you need to follow after an intercourse. We have listed the must dos in this article.
When the vaginal tissues have been lubricated, swollen and rubbed against during an intercourse, it changes how the tissues react to the environment.
Hence, you need to keep in mind that there are certain things that you must never do, as they can primarily increase your risk of an infection.
Here are a few of the things that you must do immediately after having an intercourse. Read to find out about these.
1. Go To The Washroom After An Intercourse:
During an intercourse, bacteria can be introduced to your private parts. As it is warm and moist there, it forms a perfect environment for the bacteria to multiply. Peeing after an intercourse will help flush out the bacteria.
2. Avoid Hot Water Shower:
After an intercourse, the vagina opens a little more. Hence, jumping into a hot shower after an intercourse can make you susceptible to more infections. This is one of the top things not to do after sex.
3. Chug A Pint Of Water:
You'll have to exercise after having an intercourse. Drinking water after this will hydrate you and and help you flush out the pesky UTI-causing bacteria.
4. Eat Food Which Is Rich In Probiotics:
What you eat after an intercourse is important. The best options that you can go for are fermented foods like yogurt, kombucha or kimchi. Having these snacks after an intercourse will restock the good bacteria, so that you don't get yeast infections.
5. Avoid Using Soap Down There Right After:
Never wash your private area with a soap immediately after an intercourse. Not only after an intercourse, but any point of time after an intercourse. It has self-cleansing properties and can clean out by itself. Soaps or douches can interfere with the delicate pH levels and can cause irritation, dryness or even an infection.
6. Ditch Non-Breathable Lingerie:
Most of the lingeries are made up of non-breathable fabrics like nylon or polyester. Using them, after an intercourse, can create a perfect environment for the germs to grow.
7. Avoid Wet Wipes:
The chemicals and fragrances can irritate your sensitive genital area, especially after an intercourse. You can use some plain water with some vinegar to clean up the area. This is one of the top things to do right after an intercourse.
8. Use A Blow Dryer To Prevent Yeast Infections:
Many women are known to blow-dry their private parts after an intercourse. According to doctors, this method is very helpful. Blow drying is very important for women who are prone to UTIs and mycosis. This is one of the top things to do after sex.
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!