- 46 min ago Jacqueline Fernandez's Go-To Haircare Ingredients Are Egg White And Beer: Ways To Add It To Your Hair Care
- 1 hr ago Happy Birthday Shweta Tiwari: TV Star Scores High In The Fashion Game
- 1 hr ago Amazon Great Indian Festival: Up To 80% Off On Festive Jewellery!
- 3 hrs ago Alia Bhatt’s Metallic Gold Avatar At The Time 100 Impact Awards 2022
- Education UP NEET PG 2022 Counselling Revised Schedule; Round 1 Choice-Filling Ends Tomorrow
- Movies Bigg Boss’ Pavitra Punia And Eijaz Khan Get Engaged Secretly? Actress’ Recent Post Hints So
- News Godfather 'Strictly Average flick for B & C Class Masses': The 'first review' on net slams Chiranjeevi-starrer
- Sports NBA 2022-23: Durant at the Nets and four other delicate player-team situations this season
- Automobiles Mercedes India Boss Ditches S-Class For Autorickshaw - The Ultimate Indian Traffic Jam Story
- Finance 5 Small Cap Stocks That Gained Up To 20% In Trade Today
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus Battery Capacity Leaked; New Upgrades Coming Soon
- Travel World Animal Day 2022: Know History, Significance, 2022 Theme
Are tight socks bad? Soon after you come home from office, the first you try to do is removing your footwear along with the socks. Your legs feel relaxed soon after you get rid of the socks. Your skin on your feet begins to breathe and feels good.
And if you have been using a pair of very tight socks, then you may also notice swelling on your skin where the socks end.
Loose socks don't look good. But wearing very tight socks is very unhealthy too. Here are some dangers of tight socks.
Effects Of Tight Socks
Tight socks cold impact your blood circulation. When circulation in the legs gets affected, you tend to feel uneasy. You may also suffer swelling in the area. This is one of the first effects of tight socks.
Does It Cause Varicose Veins?
It could raise the risk of varicose veins. In those who are already suffering from varicose veins, tights socks could worsen the condition.
Does It Risk Of Edema?
Though it is tough to believe, tight socks could also raise the risk of edema. It is nothing but swelling due to the accumulation of fluids. Edema could result in swollen legs and feet.
Does It Cause Numbness?
Tight socks could also make your legs and feet numb. If your job involves sitting for long hours then it could make your numbness worse.
It Can Cause Athlete's Foot
Even tight socks or shoes could be a reason for athlete's foot. Are you wondering how? Well, the fungus that causes athlete's foot can breed well if there is dampness. Tight shoes and socks can trap sweat and offer ideal conditions for the fungus to thrive.
Lines On Skin
Tight socks create lines on the skin known as sock band lines. Those lines are formed in the area where the socks holds the skin tightly. The toughness could cause redness and irritation on the skin.
What To Wear?
Use socks made of 100% cotton. Avoid synthetic materials. Use socks that fit properly. If they are too tight, they leave red lines on skin. If you notice those lines, then stretch the socks to loosen the elasticity. This will reduce their tightness.
- wellnessWhy Should You Sleep With Your Socks On?
- wellnessWhat Are The Benefits Of Using Compression Socks?
- disorders cure11 Natural Ways To Sleep Better At Night
- skin care10+ Everyday Footcare Tips For Happy and Healthy Feet
- fashion trends6 Ridiculously Gorgeous Novelty Socks That You Need To Look At Now!
- wellnessBenefits Of Sleeping With Wet Socks
- women fashionSocks And Sandals For The Hot New Look
- wellnessExpert Article: 8 Evils To Win Over This Dussehra For Perfect Mental Well-Being
- wellnessOld Age Is A Risk Factor For Pneumonia Due To The Omicron Variant: Study
- relationshipReasons Why Crying Could Determine Your Strengths, Not Weaknesses
- disorders cureActor Ajith Kumar Tweets ‘Protect Your Ears': Know More About Hearing Disorder Tinnitus
- wellnessExpert Article: Managing Digestive System Disease Naturally In Rainy Season