- 14 hrs ago 10 Foods Parents Should Avoid Giving Their Babies In The First Year
- 14 hrs ago Navratri 2019 Day 1: Orange Make-up Looks To Celebrate Colour Of The Day
- 15 hrs ago Skin Abscess: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Prevention And Treatment
- 16 hrs ago Katrina Kaif, Karishma Tanna And Others Gave Us Casual Fashion Goals At This Event
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Match 101: UP Yoddha Vs Tamil Thalaivas: Dream 11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips
- Movies CONTROVERSIAL: Urvashi Rautela Breaks Silence On Her ‘INAPPROPRIATE VIDEO’ With Boney Kapoor
- Technology Redmi 8A Price In India Leaks Ahead Of Launch
- News US visit will present India as global leader: PM Modi
- Automobiles Kia Motors Considering Five New Cars For The Indian Market: Including Two Electric Vehicles
- Finance Gold Prices Continue To Fall In India Even As Prices Climb Globally
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
It is usually a normal procedure to clean our ears once every few days. Not all of us are aware of the fact that the earwax has a protective function and can indicate the state of our health.
With the help of a Q-tip, you can check the colour of your earwax. Th gunk in your ears can actually tell a lot about yourself.
The earwax serves an important purpose for our health. It is scientifically known as cerumen.
The earwax is made up of long-chain fatty acids, squalene and alcohols that provide a waterproof lining to the ears and can prevent infection and other things.
The purpose of earwax is to protect our hollow hole that is our ear canals from bacteria and debris.
People are usually bothered with the question 'does the colour of ear wax mean anything'.
Read further to know what does the colour of your earwax mean.
1. Earwax Of Gray Colour:
If your earwax is gray in colour, without any other symptoms, then there is nothing much to worry about. It is only dust. This colour of the ear wax is regular for city dwellers with polluted air.
2. Earwax With Traces Of Blood:
If you notice blood while cleaning your ears, then it can mean that the eardrums are perforated. In this case, your ears can be affected by infections and can lead to otitis and also the worsening of your ears. You need to see a doctor in this case.
3. Earwax Of Brown Colour:
If the earwax discharge is excessive and of a darker colour, then it indicates that your body has gone through a very stressful time. This is why you must spend some time in a peaceful environment.
4. Earwax Of Black Colour:
It this occurs only once, then there is nothing to worry about. But if your ears are itchy and the itching becomes stronger, then you must visit a doctor, as the black colour can signify a fungal infection.
5. Earwax Of White Colour:
White colour ear wax can signify the lack of vitamins and microelements inside the body, specifically iron and copper. Hence, it is recommended that you add beans and oatmeal to your diet.
6. Earwax With An Unpleasant Smell:
If there is a strong unpleasant smell coming from your earwax, then it can signify an infection inside your middle ear. Apart from the smell, you might also hear a noise or feel your ears pop from time to time. You must visit an ENT specialist in such cases.
7. Liquid Earwax:
If the consistency of your earwax has changed recently, then it can indicate the start of an inflammation process. It is recommended to visit the specialist in this case.
8. Dry Earwax:
The reason for dry earwax is the lack of lean fats inside your body. The other reasons could be dermatitis and other skin diseases that can make your skin dry.