- 4 hrs ago Did You Know That Sleeping Naked (With Your Partner) Can Help Reduce Stress & Boost Self-esteem
- 5 hrs ago 10 Things Your Mother-In-Law Would Never Tell You
- 7 hrs ago 7 Interesting Things That May Happen On The Next Day Of Your Marriage
- 8 hrs ago How To Treat Ear Pain Caused By Common Cold? Home Remedies And Precautions
- Technology Beware Of Fake TikTok Pro App; It Could Be Spyware Or Malware
- Sports F1 2020: Starting grid and race preview for Austrian Grand Prix
- Movies RUMOUR HAS IT! Mammootty To Join Hands With Lijo Jose Pellissery For A Project?
- News TMC councillor shot at in West Bengal's Barrackpore
- Finance IT Dept Makes Changes To Challan For Non-Resident E-Commerce Companies
- Automobiles Hyundai Venue To Be Offered With iMT Clutchless Manual Transmission In India
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
It is usually a normal procedure to clean our ears once every few days. Not all of us are aware of the fact that the earwax has a protective function and can indicate the state of our health.
With the help of a Q-tip, you can check the colour of your earwax. Th gunk in your ears can actually tell a lot about yourself.
The earwax serves an important purpose for our health. It is scientifically known as cerumen.
The earwax is made up of long-chain fatty acids, squalene and alcohols that provide a waterproof lining to the ears and can prevent infection and other things.
The purpose of earwax is to protect our hollow hole that is our ear canals from bacteria and debris.
People are usually bothered with the question 'does the colour of ear wax mean anything'.
Read further to know what does the colour of your earwax mean.
1. Earwax Of Gray Colour:
If your earwax is gray in colour, without any other symptoms, then there is nothing much to worry about. It is only dust. This colour of the ear wax is regular for city dwellers with polluted air.
2. Earwax With Traces Of Blood:
If you notice blood while cleaning your ears, then it can mean that the eardrums are perforated. In this case, your ears can be affected by infections and can lead to otitis and also the worsening of your ears. You need to see a doctor in this case.
3. Earwax Of Brown Colour:
If the earwax discharge is excessive and of a darker colour, then it indicates that your body has gone through a very stressful time. This is why you must spend some time in a peaceful environment.
4. Earwax Of Black Colour:
It this occurs only once, then there is nothing to worry about. But if your ears are itchy and the itching becomes stronger, then you must visit a doctor, as the black colour can signify a fungal infection.
5. Earwax Of White Colour:
White colour ear wax can signify the lack of vitamins and microelements inside the body, specifically iron and copper. Hence, it is recommended that you add beans and oatmeal to your diet.
6. Earwax With An Unpleasant Smell:
If there is a strong unpleasant smell coming from your earwax, then it can signify an infection inside your middle ear. Apart from the smell, you might also hear a noise or feel your ears pop from time to time. You must visit an ENT specialist in such cases.
7. Liquid Earwax:
If the consistency of your earwax has changed recently, then it can indicate the start of an inflammation process. It is recommended to visit the specialist in this case.
8. Dry Earwax:
The reason for dry earwax is the lack of lean fats inside your body. The other reasons could be dermatitis and other skin diseases that can make your skin dry.