With the monsoon climate, comes the risk of urinary tract infections too. Moisture is the best friend of bacteria.
When the humidity in the air is more, it isn't advisable to wear tight clothes. According to reports, one women among every five may experience urinary infection at some point.
Here are some risk factors which may increase the chances of suffering urinary tract infection in the monsoon season.
Do Tight Clothes Cause UTI?
One common reason for urinary tract infection, that too, in young age could be tight fitting trousers. Tight clothes reduce ventilation and this favours the bacterial growth.
Do Unwashed Clothes Cause It?
Another reason could be wearing the same pair of pants for days together without washing it. Dirty pants could also favour the growth of bacteria.
Do Hormones Cause It?
Another reason could be low estrogen levels. When estrogen levels dip, the chances of suffering UTI could increase.
Does Age Play A Role?
Age could be another risk factor. With growing age, the chances of UTI could increase. One reason behind age being a risk factor is a dip in the estrogen levels. Women who reach menopause may have higher risk.
Does UTI Affect Women More?
The risk of urinary tract infection is more in women compared to men. Not maintaining hygiene and swimming in unclean pools could also raise the risk.
Are Public Washrooms Safe?
Using public washrooms is another factor. But it may not be possible to avoid using washrooms when you are traveling. So, using a toilet-seat sanitiser may help.
What's The Problem With Tight Pants?
Another reason to avoid wearing tight pants is they could reduce the blood flow around the privates and could indirectly raise the risk of infections.
- Do You Wash Your New Clothes Before Wearing Them?
- This Common Filthy Habit Of Yours Will Invite More Bed Bugs! Read To Know
- Waitress With Revealing Clothes May Suffer Anxiety Disorders
- Does Washing Clothes Kill Germs?
- Sleeping Without Clothes: Healthy Or Not?
- How Often Should You Wash Your Stuff?
- Clothings That Had To Be Banned
- Stop drying your laundry indoors as it can turn out to be deadly for your lungs
- Avoid Putting These Things In Dryer
- Here's Why Your Jeans Has That Tiny Front Pocket
- Do's And Don'ts Of Jogging
- Taking Care Of Your Kid In Winter
- 9 Excellent Health Benefits Of Tea Tree Essential Oil You Never Knew!