Ashoka tree is commonly seen in India. It is an evergreen tree. In India and Nepal, this tree is considered sacred.
The tree also has medicinal properties. In India, the bark, flowers and even the stems are first dried and then used for certain medical applications.
In fact, the extract of this tree is also available in the form of capsules and tonics. Here are some of its health benefits.
The extract of Ashoka flowers is used to treat hemorrhages and internal bleeding. Crush the flowers of Ashoka and mix it with water and drink a teaspoon of that water to treat internal bleeding.
The bark of Ashoka tree contains pain killing properties. A paste made out of its bark is generally applied on the joints to relieve joint pains.
Also Read: Ayurvedic Remedies For Irregular Periods
Ashoka Flowers are dried and then boiled in water. That water is consumed by diabetics to keep the blood sugar levels under control.
The bark of Ashoka tree contains antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. If there are any skin infections, you can rub the bark extract on your skin.
Eating the leaves of the tree also helps in clearing stomach worms. It can also reduce pain and bloating in the stomach.
If you are suffering from diarrhea, boil the leaves and bark in water and drink the water. It will cure diarrhea and also purifies your blood.
Ashoka is a also used as a remedy to treat irregular menstrual cycles, menstrual disorders, abdominal pain and fibroids and cysts.
- Hypertension Alert! 10 Foods To Avoid With High Blood Pressure
- Do You Know These 10 Myths About Depression?
- 10 Mind-blowing Foods To Get Rid Of Yeast Infection
- 15 Astonishing Cancer Symptoms Women Should Never Ignore
- 15 Amazing Ways As To How To Cure Mouth Ulcers Fast Naturally
- Astonishing Early Symptoms Of Liver Diseases
- Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Knee Pain Fast
- Symptoms Of Uterus Infection
- How to Reduce Uric Acid Fast: Here Are 11 Ways
- What? Is Bread & Jam A Bad Combination?? 7 Food Combos To Avoid!!
- Try This Simple Home Remedy To Treat Anaemia & Weakness!
- Can Depression Double The Risk Of Death In Heart Patients?
- Banana Peel – Miracle Cure For Acne