- 5 hrs ago Ashadha Gupt Navratri 2022 Day 1: Date, Time, Rituals, Significance, And Puja Mantras
- 6 hrs ago Plastic Ban From 1 July: 14 Eco-Friendly Alternatives For Everyday Plastics
- 9 hrs ago 6 Ways To Monsoon-Proof Your Home
- 12 hrs ago Venus Transit In Gemini 13 July 2022: Impact On Zodiac Signs And Remedies
- News Harsha murder case: NIA searches at 13 locations in Karnataka
- Finance This Focused Mutual Fund Invests 93% In Equities, Given Upto 80% Return In 2 Yrs: Rated 4 Star By Crisil
- Sports India squad for T20I & ODI series against England announced: Rohit Sharma returns as captain
- Movies Minions: The Rise Of Gru Movie Review: The Franchise Has Very Little To Offer, But Its Adorable And Emotional
- Technology Samsung Student Advantage Program Offers: Discounts You Can Avail
- Education National Doctors’ Day 2022: Inspirational Quotes And Messages To Express Gratitude To Your Doctor
- Automobiles 2022 TVS Radeon Launched In India: Gets New Features Including LCD Screen & Real-Time Mileage
- Travel Best Monsoon Beach Destinations In India
Our brains are very powerful that has the ability to control all of our thoughts, movement, and sensation while calculating and reacting with a blistering speed.
Brains can store an immense amount of data as images, concepts and texts. They also can regulate thousands of complex functions such as circadian rhythm, hormone balance, breathing, unconscious activity and blood flow.
The brain is constantly working even when you are sleeping. It weighs 2 percent of the total body weight but consumes more than 20 percent of your calorie intake.
Apart from all the functions that it performs for the body, our brain is also very sensitive. We sometimes tend to forget things and that's how short-term memory comes in. You use a short-term memory to temporarily memorize a phone number or a comment you wish to add in a conversation.
This occurs almost in every person. In order to increase brain fitness and improve short-term memory. You can choose these 11 foods to improve your memory and try to manage the short-term memory problem naturally.
Fatty fishes like salmon, sardine, tuna and mackerel are loaded with omega-3 fatty acids. It helps to strengthen synapses in your brain and hastens communication between cells. The nutrients in salmon are shown to improve focus and retention of information.
Blueberries are a source of flavonoids, which is known to enhance neuron connections in the brain and stimulate regeneration of neurons. These two functions help to improve short-term memory. Blueberries also contain antioxidants, which is good for the brain.
Capers contain high levels of quercetin, a chemical which is also found in green tea. This chemical stimulates memory by improving the blood flow to the brain. If you are most often suffering from short-term memory loss, add capers in your diet.
4. Whole Grains
Whole grains such as wheat, corn, rice, oats, etc., keep the brain energized and healthy. Whole grains are loaded with choline, an essential nutrient which can sharpen your attention span and improve short-term memory.
Apart from the disease-fighting properties that broccoli has, it is also very good for the brain. It is because broccoli is a great source of two memory-boosting nutrients like vitamin K and folic acid. If you are having a hard time remembering things, just add this vegetable in your diet.
6. Dark Chocolates
Who doesn't like eating dark chocolate? Almost everyone does. Chocolate is a proven mood-booster due to the cocoa present in dark chocolates. It improves blood flow to the brain, thus improving memory retention.
Coffee has been proven to be beneficial to both long-term and short-term memory loss patients. According to a study, drinking two cups of coffee will reduce forgetfulness for over 24 hours. It is because caffeine contains high levels of norepinephrine, a stress hormone in the brain that helps store memories.
Egg whites are packed with choline, which plays a major role in cell signalling, and phosphatidylserine, which has been found to improve cognitive function. This gives a boost to the brain and makes you remember things.
Sage is known to improve memory and cognitive functioning. Sage oil contains enzymes that spark the neurotransmitters in the brain. So, the next time if you are facing a short-term memory loss problem, you can pop a sage oil supplement to boost your memory.
Tomatoes contain powerful antioxidants that protect the cells from free radical damage. This will not only improve short-term memory but also guard against the kind of cell damage seen in patients suffering from dementia.
Blackcurrants contain vitamin C, which has the power to increase mental agility. This vitamin helps to prevent dementia and Alzheimer's disease; and can also manage anxiety and stress.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your close ones.
- disorders cureWhat Is Hyperthymesia, A Superhero Medical Condition That Makes People Remember Everything? Causes And Symptom
- healthAlzheimer's Month: MTV 'Memory Karaoke’ In A Bid To Empower Persons With Early Alzheimer's Disease
- basicsPhysical Activity During Childhood May Help Improve Cognitive Functions Later In Life, Study
- life#ThisHappened2019: Biggest Moments On Twitter In India
- newsNCBS Study Reveals Stress Can Affect The Removal Of Fear Memory
- disorders cureMemory Loss: Causes, Diagnosis And Treatment
- wellness8 Effective Brain Exercises To Improve Your Memory
- nutritionWorld Brain Day 2020: 10 Foods To Boost Your Memory
- wellness9 Foods That Cause Memory Loss
- wellnessThe Effects Of Ageing On The Brain
- nutritionLesser Known Benefits Of Horsetail For Health, Hair & Skin
- disorders cureWorld Alzheimer's Day 2018: How To Improve Your Cognitive Health?