- 1 hr ago Anushka Sharma Stuns Us With Her Androgynous Outfit And Impressive Ear Jewellery
- 2 hrs ago 8 Reasons Why Your Sister Can Be Your Best Friend
- 2 hrs ago Chafing: Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Treatment & Prevention
- 2 hrs ago Katrina Kaif And Other Leading Celebs Make A Red Splash At The Vogue Women Of The Year Awards
- News Pakistan stops postal mail service from India: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Movies Yash Recounts His Trip To America; Scary Experiences Made Him Return To India!
- Technology Most Trending Smartphones Of Last Week: Google Pixel 4 XL, OnePlus 7T Pro, Redmi Note 8 Pro And More
- Finance Reliance Jio Marginally Cuts Prices Of Some Tariff Packs And Adjusts IUC
- Sports MS Dhoni spotted driving Nissan Jonga on Ranchi roads, shows his love for Indian Army
- Automobiles Honda CBR 650R Sold Out In India: Bookings For The Motorcycle Put On Hold Temporarily
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
For older men who are facing a lower sexual drive, erectile dysfunction and sperm production, undergoing testosterone therapy can prove to be beneficial, a new research says.
Testosterone is a key male sex hormone that is involved in maintaining the sex urge. Testosterone levels decline as men age, and some men develop low testosterone levels and symptoms of sexual dysfunction.
"Our findings indicate low testosterone is one cause contributing to reduced libido and erectile dysfunction in older men," said lead author Glenn R. Cunningham from the Baylor College of Medicine in the US.
"Men experiencing these symptoms should be evaluated for testosterone deficiency," Cunningham added. The findings showed that men treated with testosterone therapy displayed consistent improvement in libido.
Further, older men with symptoms of androgen deficiency showed improvement in their testosterone levels as well as more interest in sexual activity.
Androgen deficiency occurs when a man has consistently low levels of testosterone and resulting symptoms such as sexual dysfunction.
The study, published in The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, was designed to investigate the effectiveness of testosterone therapy.
For the research, the team examined the effect of testosterone therapy on sexual function in a group of 470 men who were at least 65 years old and had low testosterone levels.
"For symptomatic older men with low testosterone levels, testosterone therapy led to a consistent improvement in most types of sexual activity," Cunningham concluded.