Have you been suffering from constant constipation? Each time you are constipated, you take medicines and this might be helpful at that particular point of time. But again after a few days even if there is the slightest change in the food habit, it occurs again.
So if you want a long term solution for this condition then it is best to take up yoga. Katichakrasana, which is commonly known as the Standing Spinal Twist Pose is one yoga asana that helps to cure constipation.
Also Read: Yoga Asana For Sciatica Pain
The word Katichakrasana comes from the Sanskrit words 'Kati' which means waist, 'Chakra' which means wheel or circular rotation and 'Asana' which means pose. It is also one of the basic yoga asanas that can be easily performed by a beginner. The only thing that is needed is to have a balance of the feet.
Also Read: Yoga Asana To Aid Digestion
There are several causes of constipation. Some might get constipation due to inadequate intake of water, for some it might be due to too much intake of spicy food, stress or lack of exercise. If not taken care of on time, it might lead to other serious health issues too.
Take a look at the step-wise procedure to perform Katichakrasana.
Step-by-step Procedure To Perform Katichakrasana:
1. To begin with come up in a standing position.
2. While you stand up the feet should be placed close to each other.
3. Once you are comfortable slowly stretch both your hands in front with palms facing each other.
4. Take a deep breath and with your feet grounded, twist the upper part of the body towards one side from the waist.
5. Maintain a certain distance between the two palms.
6. See to it that you feel the stretch in the lower back.
7.Take a deep breath and then come back to the normal position.
8. From here again twist towards the other side from the waist.
9 Repeat the twists a few times.
Other Benefits Of Katichakrasana:
Helps to improve the spine flexibility.
Helps in weight loss.
Helps prevent respiratory problems.
Helps strengthen the arms.
Helps to fight depression.
Helps improve flexibility of the spine.
Helps to stretch the leg muscles.
Helps to strengthen the abdomen.
Helps to stretch the lower back.
Katichakrasana is one of the best yoga asanas to cure constipation problem but one needs to be cautious while performing this asana. For those having spinal problem, slip disc or abdominal problem avoid this asana or practise it under the supervision of a trained yoga instructor.