- 27 min ago Maharana Pratap Jayanti: 16 Lesser Known Facts About The Great Rajput King
- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 25 May 2020
- 17 hrs ago What Are Mood Disorders? Its Types, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 21 hrs ago Aishwarya Rai Bachchan At Cannes Film Festival: Best Beauty Moments Of The Actress
- Finance Indian Stock Markets Closed, Asia Trade Higher
- Movies Eid 2020: Four Memorable Eid Releases That Bollywood Has Seen Over The Years
- Technology Moto G8 Power Lite Vs Other Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 10,000
- News As domestic flight ops resume, States issue SOPs for flyers
- Sports Georgian tennis star Basilashvili charged with assaulting ex-wife
- Automobiles Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Hypertension is an abnormally high blood pressure (measure of the force of blood pushing against the blood vessel walls), during which the heart works harder to pump the blood out of the body, resulting in hardening of the arteries. There are natural remedies that are available to bring this condition under control.
Hypertension, over a period of time, leads to stroke, kidney diseases and development of heart ailments. While the normal range of blood pressure is between less than 120 and over 80, anything beyond that paves the way for hypertension.
High blood pressure or hypertension can be caused by smoking, excessive weight and inactivity, consuming too much salt, alcohol and leading an unhealthy lifestyle, which leads to sleep disorder. Stress at work and heredity can also be reasons for hypertension.
Hypertension is often called 'the silent killer', as it is one of the biggest health disorders in the modern times, thanks to the hazards of the jet age. In India, almost 30 per cent of the population suffer from high blood pressure.
Medication and orderly living are must to cure this disorder. But, it is equally important to eat healthy food to monitor the blood pressure and keep a check on it at the same time.
The following 10 home remedies/foods can do wonders in curbing your hypertension if you take them regularly:
An all-season friend for our health, bananas are equally effective in dealing with hypertension. The low sodium and high potassium content in bananas help reduce blood pressure. Include as many bananas as you can to your diet.
Have a glass of beetroot juice every day to keep a whole lot of diseases at bay. The nitrate content in beetroots improves blood flow and leaves a calming effect on the blood vessels.
These green leafy vegetables are a powerhouse of nutrients that shoo away a lot of disorders, including hypertension. The potassium, folate and magnesium content in spinach help in lowering blood pressure levels.
A diet rich in fibre, whole grains and low sodium helps in reducing blood pressure, and oatmeal is that perfect natural remedy for hypertension.
Avocados have oleic acid, which reduces high blood pressure and cholesterol levels. The potassium and folate content is also good for a healthy heart.
Another great home remedy for hypertension is celery. The phytochemicals in these plants, called phthalides, relax the muscle tissue in the artery walls and better the blood flow and lower the pressure.
Rich in vitamins, oranges check blood pressure to a great extent. Whether juice or the whole fruit, consuming oranges will bring down your body tension to normal levels.
8. Sunflower Seeds:
These are rich in vitamin E, folic acid, protein and fibre, and can be a great friend for your heart. But, have them without salt.
The potassium and beta-carotene in these superfoods effectively reduce high blood pressure. Regulate your heart by having carrot juice every day.
This watery fruit, having a rich content of fibre, amino acid (called L-citrulline), lycopenes, vitamins and minerals, serves as an effective agent to reduce blood pressure.
But, besides going for these natural remedies, it is also very important to give up evil habits like smoking and eating unhealthy foods and leading an idle life, if you want to get rid of hypertension.
Also, say an emphatic "No" to caffeine and salt intake (especially packaged and processed foods).
Lead a happy life!