- 33 min ago Did You Know That The Way You Sit Can Impact Your Health?
- 48 min ago Menstrual Hygiene Day 2020: How To Chart Your Menstrual Cycle
- 1 hr ago From Heropanti To Luka Chuppi To Panipat, Kriti Sanon’s Distinctive Movie Fashion Decoded
- 2 hrs ago What Is Earwax Buildup and Blockage? Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Treatments And Prevention
- Movies AbRam Khan's Lockdown Birthday Celebrations : His 'Favourite Person' SRK Reads Scary Stories To Him
- Finance How To Book Slots On Kerala's Liquor Delivery App 'BevQ'?
- News Nearly 23 lakh people in quarantine across India: Govt estimates
- Sports Virat Kohli has the best footwork, he brilliantly uses the crease: Priyam Garg
- Technology Oppo Reno 4 Series Bags TENNA Certification; Key Features Tipped
- Automobiles Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooters Pan India Launch Delayed Due To Covid-19 Pandemic
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
If you have been wondering what is the real logic behind oil pulling, here we would explain about it in detail. Oil pulling is believed to be an ancient Ayurvedic therapy that helps to promote oral hygiene.
It is a process that was carried out several ages ago using a few organic oils such as coconut oil, sesame oil, olive oil, etc.
The practice of oil pulling helps to pull away the toxic elements from the mouth and also helps to remove various kinds of bacteria and toxic elements that are otehrwise accumulated around the mouth area.
The ritual involves swishing the oil in your mouth for about 20 minutes or a minimum of 5 minutes and then spitting it out. This method was used some 3000 years ago in order to maintain oral hygiene. You are not allowed to take the oil inside, as it contains a large amount of toxic elements, which you should not swallow in.
It has many benefits and here we mention to you some of the important ones among them. Take a look.
1. It Helps To Whiten Your Teeth
Oil pulling helps to whiten your teeth, as oil contains antibiotic and antiviral properties, it helps to brighten the teeth and also helps to evade the yellow stains over them. Oil pulling for two weeks can promise you with pearly white teeth. Do this for a few weeks continuously, and you can observe the benefits of it.
2. Helps To Aid Hormonal Change
Because there are several foreign elements present in the mouth, it can affect in the body in numerous ways and also aid in hormonal change. The properties found in oil can help to pull out the toxins from the mouth, thus aiding in a better hormonal change in the body minus the toxicity.
3. Helps To Detox Your Body
It is the mouth through which bacteria goes into your body and leads to problems. The foreign elements and harmful bacteria get into the body through the mouth; and hence cleaning the mouth plays a vital role. Oil pulling can help to remove the toxins and kill the harmful bacteria present inside the mouth, thus detoxifying the body. Due to antibacterial or antimicrobial properties in oil, it prevents your body from getting dirty.
4. Promotes Oral Hygiene
One important benefit of oral hygiene is that it helps to protect your mouth and strengthens your gums as well. Killing the Streptococcus mutant bacteria from the mouth as well as micro organism, it helps to maintain oral hygiene. As soon as you start oil pulling, you may experience some serious change in your mouth as well as feel fresh breath.
5. Helps To Increase Energy
The oil helps to pull out the toxins and harmful bacteria from the mouth, which keeps your body strong and working with energy throughout the day. Body or body organs do not participate in the cleansing process, it is the oil that helps to cleanse the dirt from the inside.