Allopathic treatment is something which comes to our mind first whenever our health suffers for it gives us fast relief. It is also true that some health issues can be best treated by allopathic means. But that doesn't reduce the significance of alternative medicine like homeopathy.
Homeopathy has emerged as a popular form of treatment in recent years despite the prevailing cynicism and criticism and only made the field of medicine stronger. Today, the form of treatment which was founded by German physicist Samuel Hahnemann in the late 18th century has been recognized as a field of science by the World Health Organisation. It is considered a complete treatment which addresses a variety of illnesses - physical and mental and in people of all ages - from infants to old. And its biggest asset is that it is easily affordable, painless and does not have much side-effects. Homeopathy definitely takes time to show the results but nevertheless, it is always a good option.
Here are some reasons that make homeopathy a suitable option of medication:
1. Natural medicine: Unlike allopathic medicines that can be strong and have side-effects on our health even while addressing ailments, homeopathy has no such problem since it is made up of natural ingredients like herbs, plants, trees, flowers, etc. that are treated with water. The use of distilled water makes homeopathic medicines much effective.
2. Healing properties: Although cynics find homeopathy more as a medicine of consolation, actually it is not. Since homeopathic medicines are purified forms of natural extracts, they adjust well with the body's natural healing functions and enhance them more.
3. Suits people of all ages: It has been seen that homeopathy does wonders in treating ailments in people of all age groups, be it infants, adults or elderly. Even acute illnesses can be treated with small doses of this diluted and distilled form of natural remedy. Homeopathy can also be given to expecting mothers who have common illnesses like nausea.
4. Positive side-effects: Allopathic medication is often accompanied with supporting nutrition so that the bad effects of strong medicines are overcome. But in case of homeopathy, the medicine not only addresses the concerned health problem but also leaves a good side-effect which takes cares of other health ailments. Homeopathic medicines can also have side-effects but they are temporary and not harmful. This makes long-term treatment of homeopathy beneficial. It makes the immune system strong.
5. Environment-friendly: Just like biology-friendly, homeopathic medicines are also environment-friendly. There is no chemical waste associated with preparing of homeopathic medicines and neither is there any requirement of using them on helpless animals first as experimentation. The original natural extract required to make the little white balls of medicine can also be kept limited since the end product doesn't quantitatively depend on it. Hence, limited input for maximum output makes homeopathy environment-friendly.
6. Affordable: Though a number of firms have come up nowadays offering expensive homeopathic treatments, but it is still a very cheap treatment which can be afforded by the poor. If we go to the country sides, we can still find old homeopathic doctors serving the local people and are revered as a god of sort. It's because the people there rely on homeopathy as the highest form of treatment, thanks to poor economic conditions and unavailability of advanced medical services.