- 11 hrs ago From Deepika Padukone To Tamannaah Bhatia, These Divas Gave Us Sari Goals For Various Occasions
- 12 hrs ago Gauri Khan's Corset And Geometrically-Patterned Lehenga Is The Refreshing Outfit We All Wish We Had
- 12 hrs ago 8 Diseases Caused Due To Poor Sexual Hygiene
- 13 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Zendaya, Shraddha Kapoor, Hina Khan & More
- Technology Flipkart Republic Day Sale 2020: Offers And Discounts On Samsung, Apple, Nokia, Xiaomi And More
- Movies TRP Toppers Online: Bigg Boss 13 Tops Chart With Record Breaking Number; Naagin 4 Witnesses Drop
- Sports Hero I-League 2019-20: Churchill Brothers look to halt TRAU’s winning run
- News No state can deny implementation of CAA, it’s unconstitutional: Kapil Sibal
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Attention, ladies! If you haven't heard of the serious bacterial infection - vaginal thrush - before, then there are a few facts that you must be aware of.
As women, we are not new to certain specific ailments that affect our lady parts, right?
As the vagina is an organ that is usually moist and receives less fresh air compared to the other external organs, it is more prone to certain infections caused by microbes.
So, it is rather common for most women to experience some type of a microbial infection of the vagina, at some point in their lives.
Although vaginal infections are more common in younger women, it can also be seen in post-menopausal women.
Vaginal thrush is also an infection caused by the growth of fungus in the vagina, leading to certain undesirable symptoms.
Just like yeast infection, a vaginal thrush infection can also lead to a lot of discomfort for the affected women and immediate medical treatment is required.
So, here are a few facts about vaginal thrush that you can learn about, have a look.
Vaginal thrush is a type of yeast infection that is caused by a fungus known as Candida that grows in the vulva.
One of the most prominent symptoms of vaginal thrush is, affected women experiencing thick, creamy white discharge from the vagina, often described as "cottage-cheese-like", accompanied by a foul odour.
Some of the other symptoms of vaginal thrush are itchiness in the vagina, inflammation, burning sensation, discomfort while passing urine, etc.
Sometimes, women with vaginal thrush can also experience watery white discharge, which can be odourless, so diagnosis may become difficult without a test.
Vaginal thrush can be developed with no apparent reason, if hygiene is not maintained. There is no single cause for this infection.
Vaginal thrush is more commonly seen in pregnant women, diabetic women, women with a weaker immune system and women who have multiple sexual partners.
Vaginal thrush can be treated effectively with antibiotics, in mild cases; however, more intense infections will need a long-term treatment.