- 3 hrs ago Dustin Hoffman Birthday Special Irresistibly Versatile Actor Turns 85
- 11 hrs ago It’s Raining Offers On Amazon: Bag 60% Off On Handbags Today!
- 14 hrs ago Best And Perfect Travel Companions Based On The Zodiac Signs
- 14 hrs ago National Handloom Day: Tiger Stripes Collection Chakradhara By Warp N Weft And WWF India
- Sports India vs West Indies, 5th T20I: India clinch crushing 88-run win over WI: List of Awards, Man of the match
- News BJP-JDU rift widens? Bihar CM Kumar calls meeting of party MLAs, MPs
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 14 Grand Premiere Highlights: Amitabh Bachchan Celebrates 'Azadi Ke Garv Ka Mahaparv'
- Education How Can MSc Business Analytics Boost Your Career Growth?
- Automobiles Royal Enfield Hunter 350 Launched At Rs 1,49,900 - The Lightest Enfield
- Travel Phang Nga Bay: James Bond Island
- Finance 'Cipla' Betting Big on Digitisation And Emerging Segments
- Technology Jio Games Watch Will Let You Earn Money While Gaming
Carpal tunnel is a narrow passageway inside the wrist that connects the wrist to the forearm.
Numbness, pain or a tingling sensation in the wrist is known as carpal tunnel syndrome in medical terms.
People who spend a great deal of time in front of a computer screen are likely to suffer from this syndrome. Over exerting your wrists and nerves in the hand can cause this painful condition.
This can adversely affect your efficiency and also lead to other serious conditions like swelling, nerve damage or blood clotting. But, that mostly happens in extreme cases.
And that is why, it is highly imperative to pay attention to this kind of a problem and do stretching exercises, give enough rest to your hands and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
So, today at Boldsky, we've compiled a list of ways in which you can ease the pain and inflammation in the carpal tunnel.
Take these natural ways into consideration before you pop in a painkiller. These tried-and-tested methods are au-natural and are highly effective.
Also, if the pain and swelling is persistent and severe, then you must consult a doctor to get a diagnosis done.
Have a look at these ways to ease the carpal tunnel pain.
1. Stretching Exercises
Stretching exercises can effectively relieve the tension in the nerve pathways. Do this at frequent intervals, either at home or on your office desk, to get an instant relief from the discomfort.
If you've been experiencing severe pain, then you can consult with a physiotherapist to know about the stretching exercises that can relax your muscles and also soothe the pain.
2. Massage With Warm Olive Oil Or Castor Oil
This is a traditional way of relieving the pain in the carpal tunnel. Warm olive oil or castor oil, whichever is available, in a microwave. Apply it all over the troubling area and massage gently for about 15-20 minutes.
This method will not only improve the blood circulation but also release the tension in the muscles and nerves.
3. Ice Pack
Try applying an ice pack to get an instant relief from the pain and inflammation. It will not only numb the pain, but also reduce the swelling to a great extent. Repeat this at frequent intervals to subside the annoying symptoms of the carpal tunnel syndrome.
Note: These methods will only give you a temporary relief from the pain and discomfort. In order to properly treat this syndrome, you must make certain lifestyle changes and also exert less pressure on your wrist and hand.
- wellnessThe Ultimate Remedy For Problems With The Vision
- wellnessSuperfoods That Help To Combat Bloating
- disorders cureAre You Obese? These Foods Will Help Fight Obesity
- wellness10 Home Remedies To Cure Tooth Sensitivity
- skin care14 Do's And Don'ts For An Oily Skin
- wellnessIndia’s First 4th Generation Transcatheter Mitral Valve Repair Performed At Chennai's Apollo Hospitals
- wellnessBill & Melinda Gates Foundation, EIB Partner To Strengthen Health Systems And Prevent Infectious Diseases
- wellness'Heal In India': An Indian Govt Initiative To Attract More Foreign Patients
- wellnessCovid Patients At Higher Risk Of Serious Neurodegenerative Disorders: Study
- yoga spiritualityInternational Yoga Day 2022 Highlights: Yoga Is A Way Of Life, Says PM Narendra Modi
- wellnessTreating Sleep Apnoea Can Improve Memory In People With Cognitive Decline
- wellnessIs Nutraceuticals A Smart Choice For A Healthier Tomorrow?