- 15 hrs ago 11 Possible Reasons Why You Crave Spicy Foods
- 16 hrs ago Katrina Kaif, Deepika Padukone, And Other Actresses Inspire Us To Invest In Sweaters And Cardigans
- 20 hrs ago New Delta Plus Variant AY.4.2: Is Vaccine Effective Against It? Everything You Need To Know
- 21 hrs ago Apollo Hospitals Announces Free COVID Vaccinations For Children With Co-Morbidities
- Movies Janhvi Kapoor Recalls Her First Meeting With Sara Ali Khan; 'She Behaved Like A Heroine'
- News Mumbai cops launch inquiry against NCB officer Sameer Wankhede, other officials over alleged extortion claims
- Technology Oppo Reno7 Series With OLED Display, 5G Support Certified; Oppo Fold Also Tipped
- Sports Harbhajan Singh vs Mohammad Amir: Sixer, fixer, Twitter war rages between spinner and pacer
- Finance Fuel Rates Hiked Again On October 27, 2021, Petrol In Delhi Nears Rs. 108/ L
- Education JKBOSE Class 12 Date Sheet 2021: Check JKBOSE Class 12 Board Exam Date Sheet For WZ Jammu And Kashmir Division
- Automobiles Here Is An Interesting Comparison: MG Hector Vs Mahindra XUV700
- Travel Karnataka's Ten Best Winter Destinations
Runny nose, sore throat, constant sneezing, coughing, etc, are some of the most annoying symptoms of common cold.
It is a kind of viral infectious disease that can come unannounced at any given point and also cause a great deal of discomfort in its wake.
Over-the-counter medications can only provide a temporary relief and they also can cause side effects like drowsiness, bloating, etc. These side effects could make it hard for you to carry on with your daily schedule.
And that is why, you should opt for a home remedy. Equally effective, inexpensive and, most importantly, sans any harmful side effect.
So, today at Boldsky, we're letting you know about 2 remarkable natural ingredients that can effectively treat cold and cough.
Since centuries, these 2 kitchen ingredients, honey and garlic, have been a tried-and-true favourite for resolving the symptoms of this viral infection.
The antibacterial properties of these ingredients enable them to fight off the infection by destroying the harmful bacteria.
Also Read: Super Foods That Can Cure Cough
And the anti-inflammatory agents present in them make them highly effective in treating sore throat and other respiratory-related problems like cough.
Hence, take a look at the 2 simple, yet powerful, ways in which you can consume these 2 ingredients for best results.
1. Honey And Garlic Syrup
Just take a fresh clove of peeled garlic. In a bowl, mince it properly and add 2-3 tablespoons of organic honey.
Keep having this syrup throughout the day, at frequent intervals, to soothe the annoying symptoms and also get a good relief from the constant coughing.
2. Honey And Garlic Tea
Freshly brewed tea of these 2 ingredients can significantly subside the symptoms of common cold. Apart from that, this tea also helps prevent the harmful bacteria from spreading the infection any further.
To prepare the tea, add a clove of garlic to a pot of boiling water. Let it boil for sometime, before simmering it down. Then add a few teaspoons of honey to it and use a strainer to extract the liquid. Drink this hot tea through the day and you'll feel relieved from the discomfort that is caused by the symptoms.
Give these methods a try and experience relief from the infuriating symptoms of common cold and cough. Also, if you're suffering from any health issue, then consult with your Doctor first before trying anything new, just to be on a safer side.