- 8 hrs ago Did You Know These Side Effects Of Green Tea?
- 8 hrs ago 9 Skin Care Tips You Need To Follow This Winter Season
- 9 hrs ago Kangana Ranaut Inspires Us To Update Our Wardrobe With A Ralph Lauren Suit
- 10 hrs ago Umang 2020: Raveena Tandon And Manisha Koirala Show Us How To Look Stylish Yet Distinctive
- Technology Best Selling Samsung Mobiles On Sale At Flipkart Republic Day Sale And Amazon Great Indian Sale 2020
- News TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu, 17 MLAs taken in police custody
- Sports Premier Badminton League 2020: Satwik & Lakshya Sen shine as Chennai Superstarz win opener
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 113 Synopsis: Time To Elect The Second ‘Elite Member’ In The House
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Celerio BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 4.41 Lakh
- Travel 7 Patriotic Places To Visit This Republic Day
- Finance New Gold Hallmarking Rules: 5 Things To Know
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Tremors are involuntary rhythmic movements of any specific body part such as hands, arms, head and voice box (larynx). Tremors, if not treated at the right time, can become really serious so much that you will not be able to perform your daily tasks.
Tremors can be classified into two categories. Rest tremor occurs mainly when you are at rest. Rest tremor is usually associated with excess mental stress and Parkinson’s disease. Certain medical condition causes body shaking. Sleep disorders is one of the reasons for your body shaking.
The second category called action tremor occur when you are performing any task like holding or gripping. Here, the commonly noted causes relate to the presence of certain conditions such as stroke, brain tumour, and multiple sclerosis.
Knowing the reasons for your body shaking will be the best thing that you can do to get the necessary medical care at the earliest. Here are some common reasons for your body shaking.
Multiple sclerosis:Multiple sclerosis occurs when the insulating covers of the nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord are spoiled. This is generally an inflammatory disease, which affect the communication ability of the nerves. This will cause many neurological problems that may result in tremors.
Stroke:Stroke results from an impaired blood supply to the brain due to ischemia or haemorrhage. Depending on the area of the brain that is affected, the symptoms and its seriousness will also vary. Stroke is one of the major reasons for body shaking due to the lesions or damage to the cerebellum.
Traumatic brain injury (TBI):This refers to the traumatic injury of the brain due to an external force or device. Traumatic brain injury is one of the important reasons for death and disabilities throughout the world. One of the major movement disorder associated with TBI is moderate to severe tremors.
Parkinson’s disease:Since Parkinson’s disease is a degenerative disorder of the central nervous system, this will result in signs and symptoms like uncontrollable tremors of the body parts, especially on the hands. This occurs because of the defect in the brain to manage the body movements. Tremor is one of the cardinal symptoms of Parkinson’s disease that helps in making the diagnosis of the disease.
Alcohol withdrawal:If you are one among those persons who are trying to quit alcohol consumption, the reasons for body shaking can be the withdrawal symptoms. It is recommended to take medical assistance if you experience severe and uncontrollable tremors as a part of the withdrawal symptoms.
Sleep disorders:There are various problems associated with sleep disorders that cause body shaking while sleeping. Sleep apnea, periodic limb movement disorder and parasomnia such as REM behaviour disorder are some among them. Partial closure of the airway causes body shaking while sleeping to re-establish normal breathing pattern.
Know the reasons for your body shaking by consulting an expert doctor. This will help you diagnose and treat the problem at the earliest.