- 4 hrs ago Types Of Monsoon Diseases And Ways To Prevent Them
- 5 hrs ago How To Remove Nipple Hair Permanently At Home Using Natural Methods
- 6 hrs ago Guru Purnima 2020: Here’s The Date, Muhurta And Significance Of This Day
- 7 hrs ago Remembering Saroj Khan As The Legendary Choreographer Who Wore Vibrant Salwar Suits
- Movies Aamir Khan’s Daughter Ira Khan Begins Adulting; Moves Into New House
- News Why prime minister of a strong India so weak, asks Cong on border standoff
- Technology BSNL Discontinues Rs.149 Postpaid Recharge Pack
- Finance RIL Only Indian Entity In Top 100 Global Companies To Thrive Amid The Pandemic
- Sports Coronavirus pandemic prompted Ferrari decision to ditch Vettel
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki XL5 Spotted Testing Once Again In India
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
The health benefits of ginger are numerous. This miracle root prevents morning sickness, cramps and reduces colon cancer. Ginger provides warmth to the body and keeps it energised. It is one of the best cure to an upset stomach, fights nausea & controls vomiting. Its pungent flavour and spiciness makes it an essential part of Asian cuisine. Ginger is both tasty and healthy, having antioxidant properties and anti-inflammatory compounds. There are numerous healthy ways to eat ginger and reap its health benefits.
Given below are some of the ways in which ginger can be incorporated into your regular diet.
Healthy ways to eat ginger:
Boil 1 tablespoon of grated ginger root in a cup of water for 10 minutes. Cover the lid and let it rest until it is cool enough to drink. Strain out the ginger and add honey and lemon for flavour. This is an excellent cure to soothe your stomach and fight inflammation.
Ginger Salad Dressing
The spicy flavour of ginger makes it a favourite ingredient for salad dressing. Mix ginger with olive oil, garlic and soy sauce to make a delicious salad dressing. Honey ginger is another salad dressing that packs a nutritious punch.
Ginger-Flavoured Stir Fries
Your healthy stir fries or sautéed vegetables can be made even healthier by spicing it up with ginger. While cooking, simply add some minced or grated ginger for added flavour and nutrition.
Grate or purée fresh ginger and add it to give a strong, spicy flavour to your favourite soup. It will be a natural remedy for the sore throat you have been nursing.
Pickled ginger can be a healthy side dish to almost any dish, including salads, sushi and biryani. Its pungent flavour will definitely spice up your otherwise bland sandwich. It also works as a good accompaniment to rice and rotis.
Make strong ginger tea by doubling the amount of granted ginger in it. Take small amount of tea in a saucepan and add twice as much honey to it. Heat the mixture and stir it constantly. Make sure the mixture is not overheated to preserve the natural benefits of honey. Once the mixture is ready, refrigerate for 6 months before using.
Ginger Rice and Fish
Add some spice to your rice by sprinkling some grated ginger and sesame seeds on top. Tender, succulent fish can be made even more flavourful by adding ginger to it and it is a healthy way to eat ginger too!
If you have a sweet-tooth, treat your taste-buds to some yummy ginger baked goodies like ginger shortbread, gingerbread cake or gingerbread cookies. They can even used as stuffing to make delicious baked apples.
There are only a few ways to incorporate ginger into your diet to make it more healthy. There are numerous healthy ways to eat ginger and you can surely come up with a number of creative ways yourself!