- Technology Flipkart Smartphones Carnival Sale 2021: Offers On Samsung Smartphones
- Sports Road Safety World Series 2021: Sri Lanka Legends Vs South Africa Legends: Preview, Timing, Fantasy Tips
- Movies Ajith Kumar Wins 6 Medals At The 46th Tamil Nadu Shooting Championship; Takes Internet By Storm!
- News DMK promises Rs 1,000 cash aid for women family heads in Tamil Nadu if voted to power
- Education UP Police Jail Warder Result 2021 Declared At uppbpb.gov.in
- Automobiles Best-Selling Cars In India For February 2021: Maruti Suzuki Continues To Dominate Sales Charts Yet Again!
- Finance NPS vs Other Tax Saving Investments: Where A Tax Saver Should Invest?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
The first day of October is celebrated as World Vegetarian Day all over. It is a special day that provides awareness to the ethical, environmental, health and humanitarian benefits of a vegetarian lifestyle. The whole October month is considered as the Vegetarian Awareness Month and ends on 1st November, World Vegan Day.
To celebrate the 'Month Of Vegetarians', try every vegetarian dish that is filled with nutrients and is packed with vitamins. Being a vegetarian means you have to include healthy foods that are rich in iron, zinc, calcium, potassium and vitamins. To celebrate World Vegetarian Day, let us take a look at few tips that can help vegetarians cater to the daily recommendation of nutrients that are required by the body.
4 healthy and quick tips for vegetarians:
Green vegetables are a must: According to dieticians, a vegetarian must have green vegetables like spinach, broccoli, collard greens, kale etc at least three times in a week. As you do not eat lean protein (red meat), you have to rely on vegetables for getting the essential nutrition supplements. Green vegetables are packed with vitamins and nutrients that keeps you healthy and also improves digestion. If you don't have proper bowel movements, make sure you include green vegetables in your diet.
Salad dressings: Make your vegetarian salad extremely delicious by adding few green leafy vegetables as toppings. Why always eat cooked vegetables when you can try raw veggies too? Just add a variety of vegetables in the salad and sprinkle spices like black pepper powder, red chilli powder and chaat masala (optional). If you want to add some sauce, prepare at home and then spread on your salad.
Include juicy fruits: You should not follow this tip just to celebrate the vegetarian day. Fruits are very important and should always be included in a healthy diet. They are loaded with nutrients, vitamins and minerals that keep you healthy. You can eat fruits like apple, banana, lime and berries to stay healthy and lose weight too! Just make it a point to have one raw fruit every day! It is good for your stomach, heart, mouth and skin.
Water and other healthy fluids: To detox your body and flush out toxins from it, drink loads of water. It is advised to drink at least 8-10 glasses of water on a regular basis. Water cleanses the digestive system and improves bowel movements. The toxins flush out from the system thus increasing blood flow in the body. This helps you get a glowing skin and strengthens hair. If you are suffering from constipation, drink lots of water and other healthy fluids like fruit or vegetable juice, soups and herbal tea.
Follow these healthy tips to enjoy being a vegetarian. Celebrate the World Vegetarian Day or rather Month by trying some healthy dishes to stay fit.