For Quick Alerts
For Daily Alerts
- 20 min ago Kajol's Dupatta Is Sangeet-Perfect And Her Look Test For Tanhaji Has All Our Attention
- 30 min ago Remembering Lala Lajpat Rai On His 155th Birth Anniversary: Lesser Known Facts About Him
- 35 min ago The Forgotten Army Actress Sharvari's Latest Fashion Roundup Is A Must For All The Fashionistas
- 54 min ago 10 Body Scrubs To Get Rid Of Dry Winter Skin
- Sports 'House of Kobe': Basketball-mad Philippines mourns NBA legend
- Finance Govt To Release Report Card On ‘Smart Cities’ In June
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada Season 7 - Priyanka Shivanna Gets Eliminated
- Technology Future Apple Mac Could Be Built Using Curved Sheet Of Glass
- News Coronavirus scare: Kerala CM writes to PM seeking special flight to airlift stranded Indians
- Automobiles Renault Triber BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 4.99 Lakh Ex-Showroom
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
- Eat citrus fruits , like oranges, grapefruit, lemon and lime. Guavas or pomegranates should also be included in the diet to ensure healthy gums as these fruits contain large quantities of vitamin C.
- Massage the gums daily with a mixture of salt, black pepper, turmeric and sesame oil. [an error occurred while processing this directive]
- Research indicates that honey has many anti-microbial properties perfect for fighting gum disease. It can fight bacteria with much faster rate. Simply rub some honey along the gum line after brushing and let the enzymes do their work.
- If your gums bleed while brushing, change your toothbrush and buy a soft bristle toothbrush, so that you can go easy on your gums at first.
- Flossing your teeth is also beneficial for your gums,as it helps clean up the area in between teeth, removing bacteria and food from your gums. However flossing can hurt, so make sure to strengthen your gums by brushing them regularly.
- With a pinch of salt soaked in a glass of lukewarm water, make a homemade saline solution. This will help increase circulation in your gums and reduce the swelling. Use this to natural home remedy in the morning and in the evening.
- Rinse your moth clean after every meal.
- Avoid alcohol and aspirin as it will affect the ability of the blood to clot.
- Use a good mouth wash for a better oral health.
- Check for plaque-forming conditions as buildup plaque is a prime cause of gum disease.
- Plaques are formed even if the tongue is unclean. Make sure to clean your tongue twice a day with the help of a tongue cleaner. Gum diseases can become serious problem if left untreated or if treated improperly. Consult your dentist if the situation is worst you may be in need of surgical procedures.
GET THE BEST BOLDSKY STORIES!
You have already subscribed
Story first published: Wednesday, June 8, 2011, 18:17 [IST]