- News Chicago flights halted due to sprawling winter storm; plane slides off Kansas City taxiway
- Sports Sania Mirza and Nadiia Kichenok grab Hobart International title
- Movies Jonty Rhodes' Reaction While Watching Gully Boy: 'I Laughed, Cried And Had Goosebumps'
- Finance SBI Slashes Recurring Deposit Rate
- Technology Microsoft India Announces Discount For Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Live Gold Price Subscription
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
The chemicals contain in yummy chocolate is called flavanols, which naturally open up blood vessels in the body resulting in easy blood flow and the drop of pressure .
"You don't always need medication to reduce blood pressure. This shows that there are some food that can help," says Dr Karin Ried, at Adelaide University.
Dr Ried and her team found that people with hypertension, could reduce blood pressure by eating chocolate.
However, more research has to be done to find the actual difference of blood pressure with the intake of chocolate.
The team"s results showed that chocolate helps drop blood pressure with daily and moderate physical activity such as brisk walking or swimming for 30 minutes.
At the same time t health have to be weighed against its contribution to obesity.