- 13 min ago Is It Safe To Drink Water From Plastic Bottles? Let's Find Out!
- 1 hr ago LFW W/F 2019 Day One: Esha Gupta Sets The Ramp Ablaze With Her Bold Gown
- 13 hrs ago LFW W/F 2019 Day One: Inclusivity Was Promoted With This Body Positive Fashion Show
- 14 hrs ago Janamashtami 2019: How Lord Krishna’s Stories Can Help Your Child Become A Better Person
- Technology How To Download Instagram Live Videos And Story Highlights
- Sports West Indies vs India: Kohli wants openers to make it count in two-Test series
- Movies KGF Chapter 2 Release Preponed! May Hit Theatres In April 2020, 8 Months Earlier Than Initial Date
- News Twitter outrage in India, 2,764 complaints recorded
- Finance SEBI To Provide Rs 1 Crore Reward And Hotline Access To Insider Trading Informants
- Automobiles Kia Seltos Launching Tomorrow In India: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its Launch
- Education KMAT Result 2019 Released: Explore What After Result
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Your diet has a significant impact on your body and that does not mean, it is just limited to the internal bodily functions. The food you eat help improve each and every aspect of your body and the one aspect that will be taken into consideration is your beard and beard growth.
The growth of your beard is managed by the production of the male hormones testosterone and DHT (an androgen that helps give the male sex their male characteristics). And it can be regulated by focusing on your diet, that is, including foods that help improve the function of the hormones and DHT  .
Facial hair growth is completely regulated by male hormones DHT and testosterone. Increasing the intake of certain foods escalates the levels of these two hormones, also called androgens, which the body utilizes to stimulate facial hair growth naturally  .
Along with that, factors such as minerals and vitamins also play a major role in boosting your beard growth  . According to the American Dietetic Association, the nutrients that have a positive effect on your heart and other major organs have the same effect on your skin and hair.
According to studies, incorporating the following types of food into your daily diet can help improve and promote beard growth  .
Foods That Help Promote Beard Growth
Rich in biotin, regular consumption of eggs is extremely effective for this purpose. Eggs are one of the richest sources of biotin which happens to be the best nutrient for beard growth. It helps to increase the thickness of the beard over time. Consequently, studies have shown that biotin deficiency can reduce the growth of beard hair  .
Packed with various health benefits, raisins are a go-to if you are looking forward to growing a stylish beard. A natural source of boron, eating raisins can help boost facial hair growth  . You can snack on raisins or add it to your breakfast pancake.
3. Orange juice
Rich in vitamin C, this fruit juice is a great way to boost your beard growth. The vitamin C in orange juice works by promoting the production of sebum, the natural oil that the body produces which further lubricates the skin and moisturises the hair, making your beard grow thick  .
Omega-3 fatty acids present abundantly in fish is a good source of fats and promotes the production of protein in the body, both of which are essential for beard growth  . You can consume oily fishes like mackerel, tuna, salmon, sardines, etc., to enhance your beard growth.
5. Brazilian nuts
A rich source of selenium, consuming Brazilian nuts can improve your facial growth. The mineral selenium plays a central role in hair growth, so consume the nuts on a regular basis to gain the benefits  .
6. Pinto beans
Being a high source of protein, that is, 21 g in 100 grams, pinto beans are beneficial for facial hair growth. The skin and hair are primarily made of keratin, a structural protein which is made up of amino acids called glycine and proline, which are proteins that the body uses to build hair, nails and skin .
7. Leafy green vegetables
Rich in vitamin E, leafy green vegetables such as kale, spinach and so on are must-includes in your daily diet if you are looking forward to boosting your facial growth. Because, vitamin E is known to soften beard hair and increase blood flow to the hair follicles, thereby escalating the growth of facial hair. This will make your beard easier to groom and shave  .
-  Messenger, A. G., & Rundegren, J. (2004). Minoxidil: mechanisms of action on hair growth.British journal of dermatology,150(2), 186-194.
-  Wilson, N., Vickers, H., & Taylor, G. (1982). Objective test for food sensitivity in asthmatic children: increased bronchial reactivity after cola drinks.Br Med J (Clin Res Ed),284(6324), 1226-1228.
-  Spear, B. A. (2002). Adolescent growth and development.Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, S23.
-  Trüeb, R. M. (2016). Serum biotin levels in women complaining of hair loss.International journal of trichology,8(2), 73.
-  Pate, C. M. (2015).A Phenomenological Study of Living with Excess Facial Hair for African-American Women. West Virginia University.
-  Ong, H. C., & Nordiana, M. (1999). Malay ethno-medico botany in Machang, Kelantan, Malaysia.Fitoterapia,70(5), 502-513.
-  Feuerstein, S., Coric, A., & Sanfilippo, L. C. (2010).U.S. Patent No. 7,652,068. Washington, DC: U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
-  Buhl, A. E., Waldon, D. J., Baker, C. A., & Johnson, G. A. (1990). Minoxidil sulfate is the active metabolite that stimulates hair follicles.Journal of Investigative Dermatology,95(5), 553-557.
-  Takahashi, T., Kamimura, A., Shirai, A., & Yokoo, Y. (2000). Several selective protein kinase C inhibitors including procyanidins promote hair growth.Skin Pharmacology and Physiology,13(3-4), 133-142.
-  Guo, E. L., & Katta, R. (2017). Diet and hair loss: effects of nutrient deficiency and supplement use.Dermatology practical & conceptual,7(1), 1.