- Technology Nokia 7.2, Nokia 6.2, Nokia 9 PureView Get Price Cut Up To Rs. 3,500
- Movies AVTA 2019 Winners List: Harshad Chopda, Erica Fernandes & Others Bag Awards
- News Jharkhand Polls: Cong fields Gourav Vallabh against CM Raghubar Das from Jamshedpur East
- Sports Afghanistan vs West Indies, 2nd T20I: Janat picks 5/11 as Afghanistan level series against West Indies
- Automobiles Bajaj Working On A More Powerful Electric Scooter To Be Sold Under KTM Or Husqvarna Branding
- Travel Hajo - The Pride Of Assam
- Finance Anil Ambani And 4 Others Resign As RCom Directors
- Education JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper With Solution For Numerical Value Section
Sugar allergy is different from the regular food allergies. In some people, eating a food that contains sugar can trigger certain allergic reactions in the body.
The main issue with sugar allergy is that it can be tough to identify it as many foods contain sugar. Avoiding a single food may not help if on eats another food that still contains sugar.
As the main issue is with sugar and as sugar is an ingredient in many different foods, sugar intolerance needs to be taken very seriously. Consult a doctor immediately. Here are some facts.
What Exactly Is It?
Sugar allergy is nothing but a reaction that occurs in the body when you eat sugary food. Your immune system may misunderstand sugar and could perceive it as poison and that causes allergic reactions in the body.
What Happens Next?
After perceiving sugar as a threat to your body, your immune system tries to fight with it by releasing antibodies.
How Does The Allergic Reaction Occur?
After antibodies are released, a chemical reaction takes place in the body. This increases the histamine levels which could cause inflammation.
What Are The Common Symptoms Of Sugar Allergy?
Inflammation, swollen sinuses, headaches, sneezing, runny nose and nasal congestion are some common signs.
Other complications include cramping, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and stomach pain. All side effects persist till your body successfully eliminates the sugar in the system.
In Some Cases...
Some people also experience the symptoms of asthma when they experience sugar allergy. Breathing issues follow as a result of swollen airways. Coughing, wheezing and throat pain could follow.
It is better to rush to the doctor immediately if you see any of the above symptoms. In some cases, sugar allergy can also cause anaphylaxis which is a life-threatening condition.