- News Nationalism, 'Bharat mata ki jai' being misused to construct militant idea of India: Manmohan Singh
- Movies Aishwarya Lekshmi Is Kochi Times Most Desirable Woman Of 2019
- Sports I-League: Preview: Chennai, Aizawl face-off in a bid to move up the league table
- Technology NASA Insight Lander To Help Mars Mole Probe Make A Move
- Finance 4 Factors That Could Affect Markets This Week
- Automobiles Urban Mobility Lab Launched In Bangalore By Rocky Mountain Institute And Micelio
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
Sugar allergy is different from the regular food allergies. In some people, eating a food that contains sugar can trigger certain allergic reactions in the body.
The main issue with sugar allergy is that it can be tough to identify it as many foods contain sugar. Avoiding a single food may not help if on eats another food that still contains sugar.
As the main issue is with sugar and as sugar is an ingredient in many different foods, sugar intolerance needs to be taken very seriously. Consult a doctor immediately. Here are some facts.
What Exactly Is It?
Sugar allergy is nothing but a reaction that occurs in the body when you eat sugary food. Your immune system may misunderstand sugar and could perceive it as poison and that causes allergic reactions in the body.
What Happens Next?
After perceiving sugar as a threat to your body, your immune system tries to fight with it by releasing antibodies.
How Does The Allergic Reaction Occur?
After antibodies are released, a chemical reaction takes place in the body. This increases the histamine levels which could cause inflammation.
What Are The Common Symptoms Of Sugar Allergy?
Inflammation, swollen sinuses, headaches, sneezing, runny nose and nasal congestion are some common signs.
Other complications include cramping, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and stomach pain. All side effects persist till your body successfully eliminates the sugar in the system.
In Some Cases...
Some people also experience the symptoms of asthma when they experience sugar allergy. Breathing issues follow as a result of swollen airways. Coughing, wheezing and throat pain could follow.
It is better to rush to the doctor immediately if you see any of the above symptoms. In some cases, sugar allergy can also cause anaphylaxis which is a life-threatening condition.