Sugar allergy is different from the regular food allergies. In some people, eating a food that contains sugar can trigger certain allergic reactions in the body.
The main issue with sugar allergy is that it can be tough to identify it as many foods contain sugar. Avoiding a single food may not help if on eats another food that still contains sugar.
Also Read: Does Food Allergy Cause Anxiety In Children?
As the main issue is with sugar and as sugar is an ingredient in many different foods, sugar intolerance needs to be taken very seriously. Consult a doctor immediately. Here are some facts.
What Exactly Is It?
Sugar allergy is nothing but a reaction that occurs in the body when you eat sugary food. Your immune system may misunderstand sugar and could perceive it as poison and that causes allergic reactions in the body.
What Happens Next?
After perceiving sugar as a threat to your body, your immune system tries to fight with it by releasing antibodies.
Also Read: Do Not Mistake These Signs For Food Allergy
How Does The Allergic Reaction Occur?
After antibodies are released, a chemical reaction takes place in the body. This increases the histamine levels which could cause inflammation.
What Are The Common Symptoms Of Sugar Allergy?
Inflammation, swollen sinuses, headaches, sneezing, runny nose and nasal congestion are some common signs.
Other complications include cramping, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and stomach pain. All side effects persist till your body successfully eliminates the sugar in the system.
In Some Cases...
Some people also experience the symptoms of asthma when they experience sugar allergy. Breathing issues follow as a result of swollen airways. Coughing, wheezing and throat pain could follow.
Also Read: 7 Home Remedies For Food Allergies
It is better to rush to the doctor immediately if you see any of the above symptoms. In some cases, sugar allergy can also cause anaphylaxis which is a life-threatening condition.
- 10 Easy Home Remedies For Hiccups
- List Of 11 Foods That Cause Inflammation Of The Joints
- 9 Dangerous Habits That Cause Skin Cancer
- Natural Lip Scrub Recipes For A Super-smooth Pout
- 10 Surprising Reasons Why You Are Not Losing Weight Fast
- 10 Foods That Curb Sugar Cravings
- 15 Home Remedies To Stop Bleeding Quickly
- Vanilla Pudding With Raspberry Sauce Recipe
- Strawberry Panna Cotta Recipe
- How To Stop Eating Sugar And Lose Weight – 23 Life Hacks!
- Everyday Habits That Increase Risk Of Yeast Infection In Women
- Are You A Diabetic? Then Avoid These Foods Right Away!
- 11 Surprising Things You Didn't Know About Avocados