Is there anybody here who doesn't like lassi? Chances are quite less. Consuming lassi actually comes with numerous nutritional benefits.
Lassi helps give you bulk muscle, provides calcium which builds healthy bones, provides protein to the body and increases the energy level.
Lassi is a drink, which has originated from Punjab that is being consumed since long. It is more than just a refreshing summer drink and provides you with several health benefits.
Lassi is prepared with yogurt and is the best when it comes to soothing the digestive tract. This article will let you know what are the health benefits of drinking lassi every day.
Lassi is made with curd, which is prepared in the traditional way with a culture of bacteria and also chilled with ice cubes while being churned.
Lassi fortifies you with protein and calcium content. Anybody can enjoy a glass of lassi, including those with diabetes. It's just that they need to substitute sugar with stevia.
Sweet lassi is not advisable for those who have cold or cough or phlegmatic temperament.
Otherwise, it is perfectly okay to consume lassi every day. It will only add up to your health benefits in the long run, without any side effects.
Scroll down further to know more about the health benefits of drinking lassi every day.
1. Fights Body Heat:
Lassi is a coolant that reduces the heat of the body. It is very rich in electrolytes and is packed with water. It also helps in fighting dehydration. It contains a good amount of lactic acid that boosts the immune system and also fights diseases. Drinking lassi on a regular basis keeps the body heat in check.
2. Improves Digestion:
This drink is probiotic in nature and contains gut-friendly bacteria, which aid with the digestive process. Drinking lassi gives an instant relief from all forms of digestive problems. It is also okay to drink lassi at night.
3. Best For Acidity:
This drink washes down the spices in food and also calms an inflamed stomach lining. It helps the stomach get rid of indigestion and heartburn.
4. Strengthens The Immune System:
Lassi contains lactic acid and vitamin D that help fight bacteria and harmful pathogens that enter the body. The probiotic properties of buttermilk make the immune system strong and help fight bacteria, and other diseases like common cold, etc. This is one of the top health benefits of drinking lassi.
5. Helps With Weight Loss:
Lassi is often included as a part of a weight loss diet, as it contains a low amount of calories and does not have fats. It washes down the fat that is present inside the walls of the stomach.
6. Acts As A Natural Anti-ageing Solution:
It contains lactic acid that has astringent and acidic properties which help remove freckles, blemishes and also tighten the sagging skin.
7. It Is A Good Source Of Calcium:
Lassi is an excellent source of calcium that keeps the bones strong and healthy. Consuming a cup of low-calorie lassi provides you with about 286 mg of calcium, which is about 30% of the daily calcium requirement.
8. Helps Lower Blood Pressure:
It has been proven that regular consumption of lassi helps in normalizing the blood pressure of the body. It contains potassium and riboflavin that help reduce the blood pressure naturally.
- 5 Amazing DIY Buttermilk Remedies For Skin Care
- How To Cure Acidity Permanently With These 10 Home Remedies
- Ragi Buttermilk Recipe: How To Make Ragi Majjige
- Pudina Chaas Recipe | Mint Flavoured Buttermilk Recipe | Pudina Lassi Recipe
- Why Drinking Buttermilk Is Better Than Coffee In The Morning?
- How To Use Buttermilk On Skin And Hair?
- These Ingredients Have Proven To Reduce Belly Fat In One Week
- This One Natural Drink Helps Cure Stomach Bloating Instantly; Check It!
- Buttermilk Face Masks For Younger-looking Skin!
- Ways To Use Buttermilk For Skin Whitening
- Health Benefits Of Drinking Buttermilk In Summer
- Natural Ways To Treat Acidity
- 8 Telling Signs You Have An STD