Indians love 'masla doodh'! It is nothing but milk in which certain spices and nuts are mixed. Its flavor, aroma and taste are ethereal and more than that, it offers many health benefits.
Masala milk is consumed almost on every festival in many parts of India. In fact, some drink it on a daily basis as it is very healthy.
What are the actual ingredients of masala doodh? Well, crushed cashew nuts, crushed almonds, powdered cardamom, ginger powder, turmeric powder, saffron, crushed cloves and even pepper powder are mixed to boiling milk.
Now, here is why it is healthy to drink masala doodh.
Masala milk contains almonds which are rich in Vitamin E, magnesium, protein, fiber and healthy fats. Almonds also reduce cholesterol levels, blood pressure and even blood sugar levels.
Crushed cashews are another ingredient in this drink. Cashews contain selenium, iron, magnesium, zinc, phosphorous, copper, vitamins B6, K and E. Of course, they also contain antioxidants.
Cardamom is a healthy spice which is used in many home remedies. It can cure constipation, lack of appetite, heartburn, bloating, acidity and even nausea.
Even saffron is a therapeutic ingredient. It contains magnesium, zinc, selenium, iron, manganese, calcium, potassium and copper. It is also used as antiseptic, antioxidant, anti-convulsant and antidepressant.
We all know that ginger is a healing ingredient. It is anti-inflammatory. It contains a substance known as gingerol. Ginger can treat nausea, sore throat, muscle pain and cold.
Also Read:Benefits Of Jaggery With Milk
Even clove is anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antioxidant and also anti-flatulent. Clove also gives its peculiar aroma and flavor to the milk.
Black pepper contains Vitamins K, C, minerals like iron, potassium, manganese and also fibre. It also contains antibacterial agents which prevent infections. It is also anti-inflammatory in nature.
Curcumin in turmeric is an anti-inflammatory compound. We all know why turmeric is considered as a medicine.
Last but not the least, the main ingredient of masala doodh is milk. Milk is rich in calcium which your bones and teeth require.
It also offers protein for muscle growth. Milk also has potassium that helps in keeping your blood pressure healthy.
- What Happens When We Drink Milk After Eating Chicken
- 10 Glutamine Rich Foods You Should Know
- 12 Healthy Foods Rich In Iodine
- 12 Home Remedies To Cure Muscle Weakness Naturally
- 13 High Calorie Foods For Weight Gain
- How To Make Easy Vanilla Cake Recipe
- Top Foods Rich In Calcium That Aren't Dairy
- 11 Foods That Are Rich In Vitamin D
- 10 Food Combinations To Avoid That Can Harm Your Health
- 10 Foods Rich In Vitamin B7 (Biotin)
- Top 13 Vitamin B6-rich Foods To Include In Your Diet
- 9 Foods You Should Never Eat Raw
- 11 Health Benefits Of Coconut Vinegar You Probably Didn't Know