Based on the kinds of foods that you eat, your heart can either grow older or younger. Turns out that your heart is older than your age.
The age of the heart is based on risk factors like high blood pressure, obesity, smoking and diabetes.
According to a recent study, more than 50% of heart attack deaths can be prevented with a set of dietary changes.
You need to take your heart health into your hands. A heart-healthy diet that is rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains and healthy proteins is what is required for the body. Further, foods that are low in added sugar, saturated fats and salt must be avoided at any cost or had in moderation.
In this article, we have mentioned the top foods that make your heart younger. Read further to know about these foods that make your heart younger.
1. Dark Chocolate:
Studies have shown that people who ate dark chocolate were in a much better cardiovascular shape than those who did not, as per a research. Women who ate one to two servings of high-quality dark chocolate per week had a 32% lower risk of developing heart failure.
These soybean pods are an excellent source of magnesium, folate and potassium. These contain nutrients that help lower blood pressure and support heart health, reducing your risk of heart disease.
3. Rooibos Tea:
Rooibos tea contains flavonoid called Aspalathin. Research shows that this compound can help keep the heart healthy by reducing stress hormones that can trigger hunger and fat storage.
Tomatoes are rich in lycopene, an antioxidant that helps lower the risk of cardiovascular disease, skin damage and cancers.
Walnuts are rich in antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids that can reduce the risk of heart disease. Having just one ounce of walnuts five or more times in a week can slash heart disease.
- 10 Plant-based Protein Foods For Weight Loss
- The Best Finger Foods For Your Toddler
- Foods That Clean Your Arteries And Heart
- 10 Ways To Clean Up Your Diet For A Healthier Heart
- What To Eat For Breakfast When Trying To Lose Weight
- List Of 10 Foods That Do Not Expire
- 10 Foods That Will Help You Sleep Well
- 10 Foods That Are High In Amino Acid Content
- 9 Inflammatory Foods That Cause Weight Gain
- How Many Grams Of Protein A Woman Needs Per Day?
- 10 Foods Rich In Fluoride You Didn't Know
- 10 Foods That Lower Cholesterol Fast
- 10 Awesome Health Benefits Of Fish Oil