- Sports Elite strikers headline UFC return to Las Vegas on October 31
- Movies Parzaan Dastur, Silent Kid From Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Is All Set To Get Married!
- Finance 5 Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens
- News ‘Hurt patriotic sentiments’: 3 PDP leaders quit Mehbooba Mufti's party over flag remark
- Automobiles New Ducati Multistrada 950 S India Launch Date Announced: Pre-Bookings Open For Rs 1 Lakh
- Technology Amazon.in Great Indian Festival Sale 2020: ‘Happiness Upgrade Days’ Offers On All Products
- Education CTET Score Validity: NCTE Extends Validity of CTET Score Card To Lifetime
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
Adding mushroom for your breakfast might sound weird, but if you want to maintain your weight then mushroom helps.
A new research says that eating a mushroom-rich breakfast may result in less hunger and a greater feeling of fullness, thereby helping you avoid consuming extra calories later.
"As with previous published research, this study indicates there may be both a nutritional and satiating benefit to either substituting mushrooms for meat in some meals or replacing some of the meat with mushrooms," said study author Joanne Slavin, Professor at the University of Minnesota in the US.
Because protein appears to be the most satiating macronutrient according to the scientific literature, researchers wanted to match the amount of protein in the mushroom and meat interventions to essentially control for the influence of protein on satiety.
After matching the mushroom and meat by protein content, both ended up containing comparable amounts of calories as well.
The objective of the study was to assess the differences with satiety and a 10-day food intake between Agaricus bisporus mushrooms (commonly known as white button mushrooms) (226g) and meat (28g).
The participants consumed two servings of mushrooms or meat for 10 days.
Results showed a significant difference on satiety ratings between the mushroom and meat consumption.
Participants reported significantly less hunger, greater fullness and decreased prospective consumption after consuming a mushroom breakfast compared to a meat breakfast.
The study was recently published in the journal Appetite.
Meanwhile, also learn about the other major health benefits of mushrooms here.
1. Boosts Immune System:
Having a good immunity level is important to boost your immunity level. Mushrooms contains fungi that helps in boosting the immunity level and help protect the body from infections and germs. Adding mushroom in your diet helps to boost the immune system.
2. Helps Prevent Cholesterol:
Mushrooms contain fibre and less carbohydrates which are ideally the best properties to keep the cholesterol in check. On the other hand, the presence of lean protein in the fungi food burns the bad cholesterol and prevents any heart related ailments.
3. Helps Prevent Diabetes:
Mushroom contains natural insulin and enzymes. These enzymes help in breaking down of sugar or starch present in the food consumed. Hence mushrooms are good for diabetics.
4. Helps Lower Blood Pressure:
Mushrooms contain a very high amount of potassium. Foods rich in potassium helps to relax tension in your blood vessels and thus aids in reducing the blood pressure.
5. Good For Bone Health:
Mushroom contains a good amount of calcium which helps to protect the bones in the body. Regular consumption of mushrooms also prevent osteoporosis.
(With Agency Inputs)