- 9 hrs ago Sonakshi Sinha, Karisma Kapoor, And Other Divas Flaunt Party Outfits At This Party
- 10 hrs ago On Zeenat Aman's Birthday, The Actress Whose Fashion Was Beyond The Conformist Narrative
- 11 hrs ago Copaiba Oil: Health Benefits, Risks And How To Use
- 11 hrs ago Urvashi Rautela's Perfect Glossy Pout And Pretty Half Updo Hairstyle Are Something You Can't Miss
- News JNU protests: Delhi Police registers FIRs; JNUSU says no action should be taken against protesters
- Movies When Katrina Kaif Left Salman Khan Blushing!
- Sports 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers, India vs Oman: India go down by a solitary goal in Muscat
- Technology 99% of Xiaomi Smartphones Sold In India Are Made In The Country
- Automobiles MotoGP Repsol Honda Team Signs Alex Marquez For 2020 Season: Will Race With Marc Marquez
- Travel Overtourism – Why It Matters, The Destinations Affected And How To Combat It
- Finance Job Creation Growth In India Slowed Down In Last 2 Years: CARE Ratings
- Education JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper With Solution For Numerical Value Section
When children run away in the name of vegetables, this is the only vegetable that they love to eat. Baby potatoes are one of such vegetables that are available throughout the year and are also economical.
So, eating baby potatoes can be fun. You may wonder what's the fun part in eating baby potatoes, as it will only lead to weight gain, isn't it?
Also Read: Health Benefits Of Cluster Beans
Now, "potatoes make you fat" is a backdated idea. Researchers have proved that there are various benefits of eating baby potatoes, as they are rich in all types of amino acids and several nutrients.
You'll be surprised to know that potatoes are good for losing weight. Yes, you read it absolutely right!
So, now is the time to know about the reasons to eat baby potatoes and include them in your diet. Another benefit of having potatoes is that you can make several yummy recipes with it.
Also Read: Beat All Hair Problems With Potato Juice
If your kids love to have something crunchy, you can easily make French fries in an air fryer, wherein you'd not need much oil and all the benefits of baby potatoes are still intact.
Hence, listed here are some benefits of having baby potatoes, which you must take a look at.
1. Potato Juice Heals Rheumatism:
If you take 2 tsp of raw potato juice every day before meal, you can keep yourself safe from the attack of rheumatism. Your pain and discomfort will be healed if you maintain the routine.
2. Controls Your High BP:
A medical research has shown that if you consume a potato every day, you can keep your high blood pressure under control, which is possible by having oats too. Due to the presence of potassium, baby potatoes work on your BP.
3. Prevents Cancer:
This is one of the most important benefits of eating baby potatoes. Potatoes contain lectins, which stop the growth of free radicals. So, keep potatoes in your regular diet and build a shield to protect yourself.
4. Strengthens Your Bones:
Yes, baby potatoes also strengthen your bones and teeth. For developing kids, potatoes are a must and this vegetable also keeps the risks of osteoporosis away, as it contains calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus and zinc.
5. Takes Care Of Your Heart:
This is one of the most important reasons to eat baby potatoes. As it is a rich source of dietary fibres, potassium, vitamin C and B-6, baby potatoes reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
6. Keeps Cholesterol Under Control:
Potatoes are rich sources of dietary fibres. That's why, they help lower the level of bad cholesterol (LDL) in your body and maintain a good balance of good cholesterol (HDL) and bad cholesterol.
7. Helps To Lose Weight:
You may feel super surprised, but it is true! Several international researches have proved that the soluble fibre in potatoes not only helps in losing weight but also keeps you feeling full for longer and reduces food craving.
8. Takes Care Of Your Nerves:
Consider this among the crucial reasons to eat baby potatoes. It contains vitamin B to support adrenal function and also helps maintain a healthy nervous system. Vitamin B6 in baby potatoes enhances the production of neurotransmitters that maintain a good communication between the brain and nerve cells.
9. Makes Your Skin Healthy:
It contains vitamin C which boosts up the production of collagen, thereby keeping your skin supple and wrinkle free. So, you can say goodbye to untimely ageing by including baby potatoes in your diet.
10. Potatoes For Muscles:
While looking for the reasons to eat baby potatoes, this is the most important. After working out in a gym, you need carbohydrates to recover the energy. Instead of having market-made meals, have some smashed potatoes. It will help you in a much better way.