Carrot seed oil is extracted from the seeds of wild carrots or from the dried plants itself by steam distillation. The carrot seed oil has a woody aroma and is golden-yellow in colour. The health benefits of this oil are many:
- Its anticarcinogenic properties help in curing cancers of the stomach, mouth, prostrate, etc.
- Carrot seed oil helps flush out toxic substances like the bile and uric acid from the body by increasing urination, as it is a natural diuretic.
Also Read: 7 Beauty Benefits Of Carrot juice
- It is antiviral and hence used in the treatment of respiratory disorders. It cures cough and cold, bronchitis and mumps.
- It acts as a great disinfectant. It is used for the treatment of ulcers gangrene, rashes, carbuncles, psoriasis, etc.
- Carrot seed oil acts as a detoxifier. It cures infections of the liver by neutralizing the effects of excess bile secreted from the liver. It cures arthritis and rheumatism by flushing out uric acid from the blood.
- Carrot seed oil provides relief from gas and bloating. Hence, it is a great carminative.
- Carrot seed oil is a great antiseptic. It is a great cure for open wounds, and infections of the stomach and mouth.
- Carrot seed oil helps to flush out all the toxins from our body and keeps us fit and healthy. It is a great depurative that takes care of the digestive, excretory and circulatory systems.
Also Read: Amazing Benefits Of Carrot For Skin Care
- Carrot seed oil has antioxidants present in it that repair damaged tissues. It keeps our skin and hair healthy and prevents the formation of premature wrinkles. It also prevents the stiffening of joints and weakening of muscles. It protects our eyesight and also has anti-cancerous properties.
- Carrot seed oil helps relieve pain during menstruation. It also cures irregular menstruation cycles. Hence, it is a great emmenagogue.
- Carrot seed oil is a great stimulant. It stimulates the nervous system and the brain. It also stimulates the secretion of enzymes and hormones.
- Carrot seed oil acts as a vermifuge, a medicine that expels worms from the intestine.
- Carrot seed is an essential oil with cytophylactic properties. It stimulates the growth of new tissues and cells.
- Carrot seed oil tones the tissues and muscles and increases their efficiency. It also provides relief from anxiety and stress.
However, carrot seed oil should not be used on pregnant women and children. It might cause allergic reactions or irritation in people with sensitive skin. Hence a patch test should be conducted before using it.