For Quick Alerts
For Daily Alerts
- 1 hr ago LFW W/F 2019 Day Two: Mrunal Thakur Gives Sangeet Ceremony Goals With Her Understated Attire
- 1 hr ago 7 Habits That Can Help Couples Have An Exciting Sex Life
- 1 hr ago Alia Bhatt Shares A Video Of Her Doing Deadlift, Here's Why You Should Start Doing This Exercise
- 1 hr ago Tabu Upped Her Fashion Game With Her Green Gown At Andhadhun National Award Win Celebration
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A50s, Galaxy A30s With Triple Rear Cameras Announced
- Movies After Kangana Ranaut, Ayushmann Khurrana Comes Out In Support Of Priyanka Chopra
- News P Chidambaram: From finance minister to facing charges of money laundering
- Automobiles Brand New Jawa Motorcycle Shows Rust On Wheel Rim And Exhaust: Customer Takes To Social Media
- Sports Shubman Gill: On Dravid's tips, Kohli-like cover drive and Yuvi's life coaching
- Finance 5 Factors That Caused Mayhem In Indian Markets Today
- Education GPAT 2020 Will Be Held On January 24, Check Important Dates
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Here are a few good health tips related to fenugreek.
Nutritional Benefits Of Fenugreek:
- Fenugreek leaves are basically a kind of green leafy vegetables unless you dry them for storage (kasuri methi). So they will give you all the goodness associated with green vegetables. The fresh leaves of the Methi plant have a slightly bitter under taste and can be cooked just like we cook spinach.
- It is a very good source of iron. That is why fenugreek, both its seeds and leaves are considered medicinal for curing anemia. In fact, even if you follow standard medicine, patients with low hemoglobin count are usually put on a diet of fenugreek and other vegetables like spinach and lettuce.
- Fenugreek has herb nutrition in it. If you crush the fresh leaves of Fenugreek or make a glass of juice out of them, it could be the perfect health drink to control the hormonal level of insulin in the blood. Fenugreek is a kind of similar to bitter gourd when we consider the bitter taste and properties of regulating insulin. It is a must note point for diabetics.
- Fenugreek could give competition to Spinach as a rich source of vitamin K. Commonly spinach is the traditional answer to all your vitamin K needs but fenugreek has almost as much or more of this vital nutrient.
- It is a very good source of roughage because is basically comprised of leaves. It will fulfill your body's fibre requirements abundantly. Traditionally methi or fenugreek is supposed to be very beneficial to people who have a persistent problem of constipation. This is because they supply the missing 'bulk' to your faeces and thus make bowel movements smooth.
- Surprisingly, fenugreek is also a great source of protein and nicotinic acid. These nutrients lend benefits of fenugreek that are specific to hair. It foster hair growth and is good for the general health and shine of hair.
- Inspite of so many benefits people sometimes don't prefer to eat fenugreek because of its bitterness, especially in the dried form when the concentration of the bitterness increases. The solution is to either eat it fresh or add the dried leaves to foods like dals, curries or mix it or knead the flour to make tasty methi parathas!
Either ways the benefits of fenugreek as a nutritional bonanza need to be utilised to the fullest.
GET THE BEST BOLDSKY STORIES!
You have already subscribed
Story first published: Tuesday, September 13, 2011, 12:02 [IST]