- 2 hrs ago Omicron: Is It Too Soon To Panic About Existing COVID Vaccines And The New Variant?
- 3 hrs ago Hollywood Stars Who Paint: The Art Of 'Rocky' Sylvester Stallone
- 21 hrs ago Ahead Of Katrina Kaif’s Wedding, 5 Awesome Makeup And Hairstyling Lessons From Her Instagram Feed
- 1 day ago Your Eye Shadow Looks Sorted Ft. Malaika Arora And Shilpa Shetty Kundra
- Technology Week 49, 2021 Launch Roundup: Samsung Galaxy A13 5G, HONOR 60 Pro, TECNO CAMON 18T, Moto G31, And More
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 December 5 Highlights: Shamita Apologises To Abhijit; No Elimination Takes Place This Week
- Sports Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik lauds successful completion of FIH Hockey Men's Junior World Cup
- News India's Omicron tally rises to 21 with 17 new cases
- Finance RBI Monetary Policy Committee Meet, December 6-8: Will RBI Hike Reverse Repo Rate?
- Automobiles BSA Goldstar 650 Officially Revealed
- Education UPSC Geo Scientist Final Result 2021 Declared, Steps To Check Combined Geo-Scientist Exam Final Result
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Dispur
India logged 18,132 new coronavirus infections, the lowest in 215 days, taking the country''s total tally of cases to 3,39,71,607, while the national COVID-19 recovery rate has increased to 98 per cent, according to the Union Health Ministry data updated on Monday.
The death toll climbed to 4,50,782 with 193 fresh fatalities.
The active cases have declined to 2,27,347, the lowest in 209 days, according to the data updated at 8 am.
The daily rise in new coronavirus infections has been below 30,000 for 17 straight days and less than 50,000 daily new cases have been reported for 106 consecutive days now.
The active cases comprise 0.67 per cent of the total infections, the lowest since March 2020.
A decrease of 3,624 cases has been recorded in the active COVID-19 caseload in a span of 24 hours.
As many as 10,35,797 tests were conducted on Sunday taking the total cumulative tests conducted so far for detection of COVID-19 in the country to 58,36,31,490.
The daily positivity rate was recorded at 1.75 per cent. It has been less than three per cent for last 42 days. The weekly positivity rate was recorded at 1.53 per cent. It has been below three per cent for the last 108 days, according to the ministry.
The number of people who have recuperated from the disease surged to
3,32,93,478, while the case fatality rate was recorded at 1.33 per cent.
The cumulative doses administered in the country so far under the nationwide COVID-19 vaccination drive has exceeded 95.19 crore.
India''s COVID-19 tally had crossed the 20-lakh mark on August 7, 2020, 30 lakh on August 23, 40 lakh on September 5 and 50 lakh on September 16. It went past 60 lakh on September 28, 70 lakh on October 11, crossed 80 lakh on October 29, 90 lakh on November 20 and surpassed the one-crore mark on December 19.
India crossed the grim milestone of two crore on May 4 and three crore on June 23.
The 193 new fatalities include 85 from Kerala and 28 from Maharashtra.
A total of 4,50,782 deaths have been reported so far in the country including
1,39,542 from Maharashtra, 37,885 from Karnataka, 35,783 from Tamil Nadu, 26,258 from Kerala, 25,089 from Delhi, 22,896 from Uttar Pradesh and 18,905 from West Bengal.
The ministry stressed that more than 70 per cent of the deaths occurred due to comorbidities.
"Our figures are being reconciled with the Indian Council of Medical Research," the ministry said on its website, adding that state-wise distribution of figures is subject to further verification and reconciliation.PTI PLB DV