- 14 min ago Depression: Can The Way People Speak Be An Indicator? Do Depressed People Talk More?
- 2 hrs ago Why Is A Japa Mala Used For Mantra Meditation?
- 2 hrs ago Wedding Makeup Tips: An Easy Guide To Do Your Own Makeup For Wedding
- 2 hrs ago Potato Juice For Hair: Benefits And How To Use It For Strong, Long Hair
- Automobiles Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder CNG Launched in India - Prices Start At Rs 13.23 Lakh
- Finance Top Brokerage Firms Initiate Buy On 2 Banking Stocks Including 1 Penny Stock For Gains Up To 48%
- Education VITMEE 2023 Exam Date Out; Check All the Details Here
- Movies Malavika Mohanan’s Response To Her Fans’ Hypothetical Question Goes Viral!
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S23 To Opt For Cheaper Storage Tech: Is It A Mistake?
- Sports WrestleMania 39: Spoiler on WWE Raw Women’s Championship Match
- News To discuss Khalistani extremism, India calls on the Premier of Victoria
- Travel Karli: A Great Excursion from Lonavala, Pune, Mumbai
According to ESPN Brazil, Pele was taken to Albert Einstein Hospital in Sao Paulo on Tuesday by his wife Marcia Aoki and a caregiver because of swelling all over his body, unlike previous, scheduled visits.
It has become increasingly common for the 82-year-old to be hospitalised in recent years. He underwent surgery to remove a tumour on his colon in September 2021, and spent some time in intensive care afterwards, but has since been undergoing chemotherapy.
The Brazilian sports network ESPN reported that Pele was experiencing cardiac issues and that his medical team was concerned that his chemotherapy treatment was not yielding the expected results.
In a statement on Wednesday, the hospital said that Pele's condition was stable. Pele's daughter Kely Nascimento stated that there were no 'surprises' regarding Pele's condition.
"Lots of alarm in the media today concerning my dad's health," Nascimento wrote. "There is no emergency or new dire prediction. I will be here for New Year and promise to post some pictures."
Nascimento's remarks on Instagram follow an ESPN Brasil report that Pele had been admitted to the Albert Einstein Hospital with "general swelling" and was undergoing tests to assess his health.
A legendary player, and one of the most successful and popular sports figures of the 20th century, Pele is regarded as one of the greatest of all time.
Pelé was born Edson Arantes do Nascimento on 23 October 1940, in Três Corações, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Pele was recognized by the International Olympic Committee as the Athlete of the Century in 1999 and included in Time's list of the 100 most important people of the 20th century in 1999. The International Federation of Football History & Statistics (IFFHS) voted Pelé World Player of the Century in 2000, and he also won the FIFA Player of the Century award.
He achieved a Guinness World Record by scoring 1,279 goals in 1,363 games, including friendlies.
As a footballer, Pelé began playing for Santos at the age of 15 and for the Brazilian national team at the age of 16. He won three FIFA World Cups during his international career: 1958, 1962, and 1970, which made him the only player to do so.
As a result of his accomplishments in football and his outspoken support of policies that improve the social conditions of the poor, he is considered a national hero in Brazil. During the 1958 World Cup, he made history as the first black global sporting star.
- wellnessAre Candles More Toxic Than Cigarettes? Harmful Effects Of Scented Candles On Health
- healthWorld Cancer Day 2023: Pedalling for a Cancer-Free World
- yoga spiritualityAnita Moorjani: How She Fought With Cancer, And Died, To Return To Her Body, Fully Cured
- wellnessCancer: Can Gardening Help Reduce Cancer Risk?
- diet fitnessProstate Cancer Treatment: High Intensity Workout (HIIT) May Help Improve The Condition; Here’s How
- disorders cureFirst Time In Cancer History: Drug With 100% Success Rate In Clinical Trials
- disorders cureBreath Test To Detect Lung Cancer: Read About The Latest Scientific Development
- wellnessOmega-3 That Can Destroy Cancer Cells: A New Promise For Cancer Treatment
- wellnessDove, Tresemme Dry Shampoos Recalled Over Cancer Risk: What Is Benzene; Its Negative Effects
- wellnessAlcohol Consumption And Prostate Cancer: Is There A Link Between The Two?
- disorders cureWhat Is Colorectal Cancer? 9 Important Tests Used To Diagnose Colon Cancer
- wellnessNational List Of Essential Medicines (NLEM) 2022: Popular Antacid And 25 Medicines Removed, Full List