- 53 min ago Doha: Know About The Ancient Indian Form Of Poetry That Is Still Relevant
- 3 hrs ago World Cancer Day 2023: Pedalling for a Cancer-Free World
- 4 hrs ago Parenting Tips: 11 Ways To Wake Up Kids Early The Right Way!
- 4 hrs ago Men’s Fashion Week 2023: Hermès To Kenzo, Fashion Brands Showcase Versatility At Paris
- Movies Masaba Gupta to Shweta Tiwari: Actress Who Tied The Knot More Than Once
- Finance 'Toyota' Commences Bookings Of New Diesel Innova Crysta
- News Karnataka CM Bommai snatches mic from seer, responds to criticism on Bengaluru floods
- Education Benefits of PMP Certification Over MBA in 2023
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Jimny & Fronx Clock More Than 14,000 Bookings – Waiting Period Shoots Up
- Sports WWE Friday Night Smackdown preview and schedule: January 27, 2023
- Travel Bharat Parv 2023: Experience Mini India In Delhi
- Technology iQOO Neo 7 to Launch in India With 12GB LPDDR5 RAM; What Else To Expect?
The liver is an extremely vital organ of the body. It is the second largest organ and is responsible for eliminating harmful and toxic elements from the body. The liver is also responsible for the digestion of vitamins, fats and many other nutrients in the body. However, if fat accumulates in the liver, it can cause fatty liver disease .
A fatty liver can either be alcoholic or non-alcoholic. Most people are not fully aware of fatty liver disease, which is why they believe many myths related to it are true. Today, in this article, we will discuss a number of myths associated with fatty liver and their true truths.
Common Fatty Liver Myths
Myth 1- Only heavy drinkers develop fatty liver
There is a general misconception that people who drink alcohol are the only ones who have fatty livers. However, anyone can suffer from fatty livers, not just those who drink alcohol. In addition to alcohol consumption, fatty livers can also be caused by being overweight, obesity, unhealthy eating habits, medication, high cholesterol, diabetes, thyroid, and sometimes genetics as well .
Myth 2- Fatty liver is a problem only for obese people
There is a misconception that the problem of the fatty liver occurs only in obese individuals. This is certainly not true . Obesity is one of the risk factors for a fatty liver, but even thin individuals can suffer from this condition.
Myth 3- Regular blood tests can detect liver conditions
There is no truth to this one. Regular blood tests are often insufficient to detect a real liver condition. Tests for AST (Aspartate Aminotransferase) and ALT (Alanine Aminotransferase) markers may be necessary to rule out a specific underlying cause . Therefore, cellular damage within the liver can be explained by these symptoms.
Myth 4- Liver problems cause yellow skin and pain
Despite the fact that many people believe that liver problems produce yellow skin and pain, there are often no specific signs or symptoms associated with liver problems. The symptoms of a fatty liver may also include dizziness, nausea, and abdominal pain .
Myth 5- Fatty liver disease is an extremely rare condition
Many people believe that fatty liver disease is extremely rare, which means that they cannot develop it. However, this is also a myth. For quite some time, fatty liver has been becoming increasingly common in many countries due to an unhealthy diet, excessive consumption of alcohol, and obesity. As a result, the problem of fatty liver has emerged as a new epidemic in many countries .
Myth 6- Professional consultation is not needed if you have a fatty liver
It is true that many people do not take the problem of fatty liver very seriously, therefore, there is no need for professional consultation. However, this is not true. You should consult your physician regarding how to handle the condition.
- babyWhat Is Alagille Syndrome? Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- diabetesHepatitis Awareness Month 2022: What Is The Link Between Diabetes And Hepatitis?
- kidsExpert Opinion: Hepatitis Cases On The Rise Among UK Children – Could COVID Have A Role To Play?
- disorders cureLiver Failure: 10 Warning Signs Your Liver Is Not Functioning Properly
- disorders cureWhat Are Gallstones Or Cholelithiasis? Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Complications And Treatments
- wellness10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Red Sandalwood For Skin, Stomach, Heart And More
- nutritionAmazing Health Benefits Of Argan Oil And How To Use It
- wellness14 Kitchen Spices To Prevent And Manage Diabetes
- wellness12 Health Benefits Of Kaffir Lime Which Will Surprise You
- prenatalWhy Is Bile Acid Test Important During Pregnancy?
- disorders cureThis Hospital Successfully Performs Complicated Liver Transplants On Children With A Rare Disorder
- wellnessWorld Hepatitis Day 2021: Healthy Diet For Hepatitis B Patients