- 6 hrs ago This Viral Video Of Chimpanzee Carefully Washing A T-Shirt Will Leave You Surprised
- 6 hrs ago Man Eats 'Banana Art' Worth USD 120,000, Says He Isn't Sorry!
- 7 hrs ago This Company Will Allow Their LGBTQ+ Employees To Avail HR Benefits On Declaring Their Partner
- 8 hrs ago Penile Allergy: Causes, Home Remedies And Prevention
- Sports Salzburg 0-2 Liverpool: Keita and Salah see Reds through in thrilling clash
- Movies Shahid Kapoor To Commence Shoot Of ‘Jersey’ On December 13 Despite Being Severely Ill
- News Senior Shiv Sena leader hints at patch-up with BJP, says 'Uddhav will take decision at right time'
- Finance Yes Bank Defers Decision On Allotment Of Shares To Citax; Braich's Bid Under Discussion
- Technology RedmiBook 13 With Intel Core i5/i7 Announced For Around Rs. 43,500
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Hypertension, most popularly known as high blood pressure, is a condition that most of the population in the world is facing right now.
High blood pressure can lead to stroke, heart attacks, loss of vision and also can affect the kidneys as well as the cognitive functions and so it is also termed as the "silent killer".
Though this is a widely prevalent condition, it can be cured with proper diet and medications. Besides drug therapy, lifestyle changes and alternative medications, there are also effective home remedies for treating high blood pressure.
These home remedies are natural ways to keep a check on your blood pressure levels. So, here are a few of the home remedies that can be kept in mind for lowering the blood pressure levels.
Fruits & Vegetables
A lot of fruits and vegetables are loaded with the essential compounds which are found to be effective in controlling high blood pressure. Carrots, tomatoes, potatoes, lemons, banana and melons are among the beneficial ones in the list.
Ginger, cardamom, and hibiscus tea are among the teas that are said to be effective for reducing high blood pressure. These health-nurturing teas can be both flavourful and also keep your blood pressure levels in control.
Sesame oil contains good fats responsible for cutting down cholesterol. It is low in saturated fats and the chemical content namely sesamol and sesamin, which are antioxidants that are good for regulating the blood pressure levels. This vegetable oil is a good switch over for all the benefits it has to provide for high blood pressure patients.
Honey has several healing properties and studies have shown that it could be particularly effective for dropping the blood sugar levels. This is a simple, tasteful and sweet way to keep a check on high blood pressure. It is said to have calming effects on the blood vessels and simply consuming raw honey could be a miraculous way to reduce blood pressure.
Herbs, Spices & Seeds
Some of the herbs, spices and seeds show miraculous results in treating high blood pressure. Garlic is known to help thin the blood and prevent blockage in the blood vessels. Sunflower seeds reduce the cholesterol levels. Celery seed extract, arjuna, flax seeds, cat's claw, turmeric, watermelon seeds, and fenugreek seeds are among the others which are known to be effective in the treatment of hypertension.
This healthy drink can serve you the dose of potassium, which is helpful for lowering blood pressure. Coconut water is a natural drink and can give you a boost of health and vitality, which helps keep a check on the blood pressure levels.
Who doesn't want chocolate to be a remedy for any ailment? Here's the good news! Yes, dark chocolates can help you to control high blood pressure. A small portion of dark chocolate would do the wonders and help to get the blood pressure levels under control.
Foods and food products, which contain omega-3 fatty acids, are known to be healthy for the cure of high blood pressure. The fact that omega-3 fatty acids - EPA and DHA - reduce the blood pressure levels is well established by various studies conducted for monitoring blood pressure levels in patients suffering from hypertension.
Exercise And Music
Regular exercise and spending time listening to music are ways that are effective in lowering blood pressure. These are the most natural remedies that patients with high blood pressure can practice. Music can have a soothing and relaxing effect and regular physical activity - walking, slow breathing exercises, etc. - can be beneficial for reducing high blood pressure.
These are few of the natural remedies which can foster health benefits for those suffering from high blood pressure. Hypertension need not be a ‘silent killer' if we adopt to home remedies to combat this condition. Making these remedies a part of the diet and lifestyle is sure to keep hypertension at bay!