The monsoons are finally here, after a terrible hot summer that beat us down with its heat and humidity. So, now, most of us would be looking forward to enjoying the rainy days, along with some hot beverages and spicy snacks, right?
Well, the monsoons don't just bring about a great weather, but they can also bring certain diseases that mostly spread through air and water!
Yes, just like with everything else, even the rainy season has both pros and cons and so, we must be prepared for both.
Due to the level of moisture in the air, stagnant puddles of water in the streets that become a breeding ground for mosquitoes and microbes - things like these can be the main cause for water and air borne diseases during the monsoons.
Some of the most common ailments that people get during the rainy season are flu, common cold and sore throat.
Obviously, the above-mentioned ailments can also be seen in people during any time of the year, but they are rather common during the monsoons.
Irrespective of what season it is, suffering from cold and sore throat can be extremely painful, uncomfortable and may hinder a person from going about his/her daily activities.
Also, ailments like common cold and sore throat may take a long while to go away, especially if we do not have a strong immune system, as the bacteria responsible for causing these diseases can multiply at an alarming rate!
So, it is very important to keep your immune system strong and tackle these diseases in the early stages, so that they do not get worse.
There are certain strong antibiotics that are prescribed by the doctors to treat cold and sore throat.
However, there is also a natural remedy that can help treat these conditions; have a look at them, here.
- Brown Sugar - 1 tablespoon
- Cloves - 4-5
- Basil Leaves (Tulsi) - 5-6
- Turmeric - 1 tablespoon
This natural remedy to treat cold and sore throat is known to work exceptionally well, when used on a regular basis, in the right quantities.
It is also important to stay warm, stay away from oily foods and ensure that you keep your surrounding clean, when you have cold and sore throat, to avoid worsening of the condition.
If the symptoms are too severe and are accompanied by a fever and joint pain, you must immediately seek medical attention, so that the doctor can determine if you have viral flu.
This mixture of brown sugar, cloves, turmeric and basil can work as an excellent natural medicine to treat cold and sore throat, as it has anti-inflammatory properties that can soothe throat infection.
In addition, this remedy can also kill the bacteria responsible for causing cold and sore throat, with its antimicrobial property.
Method Of Preparation:
- Add all the ingredients to a pan of water and boil.
- Strain the liquid to obtain a clear mixture.
- Collect the boiled mixture in a cup.
- Consume this mixture, while it is still hot.
- This remedy can be consumed when you have a cold or sore throat, once a day.
- 11 Home Remedies For Burning Sensation In The Stomach
- 9 Simple Home Remedies To Reduce High Blood Pressure
- 10 Super-effective Kitchen Ingredients For Treating Different Skin Problems
- 11 Effective Home Remedies For Leg Pain
- 10 Effective Homemade Blackhead Remover Scrubs
- Here's How You Can Use Rice Water For Acne Reduction
- 9 Surprising Facts About Common Cold You Never Knew!