- 1 hr ago Daily Horoscope, 06 July 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 12 hrs ago Amazon Monsoon Sale: Save Up To 62% On Smart Watches & Wrist Watches For Both Men And Women
- 13 hrs ago Can A Person Live With Dextrocardia? Causes, Symptoms And Treatments For This Rare Congenital Condition
- 15 hrs ago How To Care For Plants During The Monsoon Season: Here Are 5 Tips
- Finance Gold Price Slips Below $1800 As Global Commodities Take A Knock: Check India Rates
- Sports LPL 2022 Draft: Full list of Players Signed, Retained & Released Players List, Full Squads of all Teams
- Technology List Of Best Smartwatches With Calling Features To Buy In India
- News Kaali row: Canadian museum "deeply regrets" offence caused to Hindus
- Automobiles Honda Updates Offers For July 2022: Benefits Up To Rs 27,396
- Movies Chhavi Mittal Claps Back At Troll Who Said She's Trying To Gain Sympathy: I Didn’t Choose Cancer, It Chose Me
- Education Telangana Police SCT SI PC Exam 2022 Dates Announced, Check TSLPRB SCT SI PC Exam Date And Time Details
- Travel Skeleton Coast: The Most Dangerous Coastline In The World
In today's fast-paced mechanical world, humans are the target of various diseases due to the work-related tensions and their poor lifestyle.
Fluctuating blood pressure from low to high is the most common problem which affects every one out of three Indians and pushes him/her into other deadly health-related problems.
A few problems worth paying attention to are heart failure, kidney failure, vision loss, stroke, heart attacks, etc.
This condition of the various vital organs failing due to abnormal levels of blood pressure is almost irreversible; and if not given effective treatment, it may pose a threat to even our life. But not to worry!
The great science of Ayurveda has recommended certain foods, which when consumed can maintain the abnormal levels of blood pressure and may avert various heart-related diseases. Continue reading to know about these foods.
Garlic can be a wonderful cure for patients suffering from hypertension. This super herb suggested by Ayurvedic experts contains a compound called allicin. This component of the herb is packed with several properties like being an antibacterial, antioxidant, lipid reducing and anti-hypertension in nature. It also inhibits blood coagulation. It also produces nitric oxide and hydrogen sulphide, thus relaxing the blood vessels. Consuming crushed garlic once or twice in a week can maintain abnormal levels of blood pressure.
Grapes have a lot of wonderful properties that help to cure many ailments. Being rich in the potassium levels, it can maintain optimal levels of blood pressure, thus lowering the symptoms of stroke and heart attacks. It is also rich in antioxidants and helps to lower the bad cholesterol in our system.
Another excellent fruit suggestion by Ayurvedic experts is banana, which is packed with potassium content. The various compounds in the banana contain anti-hypertensive properties that help in lowering blood pressure. Eating one or two of this fruit daily can do miracles on your blood pressure levels.
An ayurvedic diet loaded with dairy products such as cheese, clarified butter and milk can help in lowering the high blood pressure. Calcium, which is the main ingredient in milk, and minerals such as magnesium and potassium, may help in doing wonders to hypertensive individuals by controlling their blood pressure levels from shooting up.
High dietary fibre content and potassium levels are the main reasons for the fenugreek seeds to be added to this list of Ayurvedic foods for controlling blood pressure. To notice a significant improvement in the blood pressure levels, consume these seeds as directed below:
Boil one or two spoons of fenugreek seeds in water and strain it. Then, blend the seeds and consume them on an empty stomach for best results.
To have optimum BP levels, do not forget to add onion juice in your diet. Onion juice not only cleanses the blood but is also responsible for maintaining a strong heart that is free from strokes and heart ailments. The best way to include onion juice in your diet is to mix equal proportions of this juice and honey, and consuming two teaspoons of this mixture daily for effective results in lowering high BP.
Apart from a proper diet, regular exercises like brisk walk and simple yoga asanas can go a long way in controlling blood pressure. Exercises help to radiate positivity and can help those individuals with fluctuating blood pressure levels to a great extent.
- nutritionWorld TB Day 2022: Foods To Consume And Avoid By Tuberculosis Patients
- kidsExpert Article: Importance of Nutrition for Teenagers
- prenatalMother’s Day Special: Healthy Food For Moms After Second Pregnancy
- wellnessRamadan 2021: Foods To Eat And Avoid For Fasting Associated Dehydration
- nutritionAll The Foods That Make You Hungrier After Eating Them!
- wellnessBest Superfoods For Men And Women Over 40
- wellness28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- wellness18 Low-Oxalate Foods That May Help Prevent The Risk Of Kidney Stones
- prenatalHealthy Foods To Eat During The Third Trimester Of Pregnancy
- wellness9 Healthy Greek Foods To Improve Your Overall Health
- wellnessPsoriatic Arthritis Diet: Foods To Eat And Avoid
- nutritionEat These Foods Guilt Free! List Of Foods That Do Not Cause Weight Gain