- 11 hrs ago Father’s Day 2021: Here’s The History And Significance Of This Day
- 12 hrs ago Milkha Singh Passes Away At 91: Some Facts About The Renowned Athlete
- 15 hrs ago Hina Khan Shows How To Ace Warm And Dewy Makeup Look But Her Cute Half Updo Hairstyle Will Win You Over!
- 20 hrs ago Shilpa Shetty Kundra Is Style And Elegance Personified In Her White Organza Saree With Printed Fancy Blouse
- Movies Chitrangda Singh Pays Tribute To The Legendary Milkha Singh On His Demise
- Technology Fathers Day 2021 Gift Ideas Best Truly Wireless Headsets Under Rs. 5,000
- Sports Euro 2020: Portugal 2-4 Germany: Holders score two own goals in thumping defeat
- News People will not tolerate self-centred politics: Uddhav Thackeray slams Congress leaders
- Education Telangana Schools And Colleges To Reopen From July 1, Check Latest Updates
- Automobiles From Repairing Bicycles To Owning A BMW 5 Series & A Jaguar XJ L — Inspiring Story Of Rahul Taneja
- Finance HDFC Bank To Buy Stake Worth Over Rs 1,906 Crore In Group's General Insurer From Parent HDFC
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
What do you do when a sinus headache hits you? You either turn off the lights, lie down or pop a pill, right? Sinus congestion or a stuffy nose occurs when you are suffering from cold or when the temperature is too hot or cold.
Chronic sinus is worse and devastating that can create various complications. The symptoms of a sinus headache are congestion, sneezing, headache, coughing, etc. Foods that are rich in vitamin A should be included, as these help build a strong defence against the sinus infection-causing pathogens.
Instead of popping antibiotics, the best solution to counter sinus headache is to include the best foods good for sinus congestion.
These are the 10 best foods good for sinus congestion
Pineapples are rich in antioxidants which protect the mucus membranes from damage. It has certain enzymes that bring relief from sinus congestion.
If you are suffering from sinus headache, have watermelon because the natural water in it contains essential minerals like magnesium that prevents headache.
Ginger contains antioxidants and anti inflammatory properties that decrease pain and reduce congestion and swelling throughout the body.
Horseradish is a spicy root that reduces inflammation and increases mucus production. It has an antibiotic effect that helps treat the symptoms of sinus headache.
5. Hot Soup
Soup in the form chicken or vegetable is good for the soul and sinuses. Hot soup promotes the movement of mucus that helps to clear the sinus away.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a wonderful natural ingredient that helps to relieve you from the sinus headache.
Spices such as cayenne pepper consist of antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help in breaking down and draining out the congested mucus.
Allicin, a compound found in garlic, reduces the pain caused by a sinus congestion and hence this helps treat sinus infection effectively.
9. Citrus Fruits
Fruits that are rich in vitamin C like oranges, lemons, grapes, etc., are known to cure sinuses instantly.
Onions have a strong pungent smell and contain antihistamine properties that help in reducing the sinus congestion.