Gout is a disorder that occurs when uric acid levels soar inside the body. High levels of uric acid lead to uric acid crystallization or formation of tiny crystals that accumulate as lumps in the lining of the joints.
Unusual metabolic process of monosodium urate can lead to the buildup of uric acid in the body. The inflammation in the joints appears due to specific substances that are discharged when white blood cells collect around or encompass the monosodium urate crystals.
Men aged 40 years or above generally come in to the clutches of this disorder.In addition to a reduced kidney function, tophi or localised deposits of uric acid in the skin and kidney stones can be a result of gout. Secondary gout happens as a result of other health conditions or medicines.
This disorder can be noted due to two fundamental causes, which are over production of monosodium urate and inadequate removal of uric acid in the urine.
Heredity, obesity, excessive reliance on booze, indulging in the diet that comprises mostly of red meat and oily fish, injury, starvation, dehydration, nose and throat disorder, any operation, treatments like chemotherapy, etc, are several reasons that can cause gout.
Specific medicines like aspirin, allopurinol and probene acid, nicotinic acid, diuretic and hypertensive drugs can also cause gout.
In boys, uric acid levels rise at puberty and in girls, during menopause. Consequently, men might develop gout at rather an early age when compared to girls. Late night or early morning pain in the knee, toe or ankle is one of the symptoms.
So, have a look at some of the quick home remedies for gout:
- Consuming 3-4 garlic cloves daily can bring favourable results in case of gout.
- 10-12 cherries must be taken daily to get respite from the pain related to gout.
- One might take one teaspoon of honey, mix it with 3-4 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and further add the mixture into a glass of water, stir well and drink it. Sipping the solution all throughout the day would efficiently treat gout.
- Increasingly, more grapes must be consumed because grapes get rid of the toxicity in uric acid. They react with the chemicals in monosodium urate, dissolve the crystals and expel them from the system. Grapes are rich in vitamin C and are empowered to dissolve gouty deposits.
- Juice of French beans provides immediate relief from pain and inflammation due to gout. One might prepare a paste by blending one part of mustard powder and one part of triticum powder, and put on the paste on the area that is most painful and leave it overnight to get respite from the pain.
- Soaking sore areas in Epsom salt combined with water would discharge the heat and offer some relief too, giving a good relief from the pain.
You Might Also Want To Read: 7 Juices To Relieve Gout Pain