According to recent studies, kidney failure ranks third on the list of common health problems after heart diseases and cancer.
Statistics show that 90 percent of the Indians suffer from kidney failure, and the main cause of it is due to the nasty lifestyle and uncertain food habits that we follow.
Since the kidney's main function is to filter waste products from the blood, the fatty and high cholesterol foods that we consume on a daily basis can cause this filtering to go haywire, which in turn can cause kidney failure.
These organs also help in regulating the blood pressure, electrolyte balance and the red blood cell production in the body. So, looking after the kidneys should be our top priority!
Therefore, experts advice that every Indian should look into the foods that they consume and the beverages they opt for, if they are avoiding H2O.
Staying off fatty food items like processed and fast foods can help your kidneys to function in the right way.
So, here are some of the scary signs that show your kidneys are shutting down. You need to take a good look at these signs, so that you can get yourself treated at the earliest:
When the urine output is less, it is a clear indication that your kidneys are giving up. On the other hand, if you are passing a lot of urine at night, there is a slight possibility that you are suffering from a kidney disease, as this normally occurs when the kidney filters are damaged.
If your urine is clear yet painful, it is a sign of UTI. However, if you are passing blood along with urine, it is best to get it checked, as it could be one sign of your kidneys shutting down.
When your feet and ankles swell up like a balloon, it is necessary to get them checked. Swollen limbs is an indication of a decreased kidney function, in which there is sodium retention that takes place, causing the swelling in the limbs.
No Mood To Eat
Loss of appetite followed by nausea and vomiting is another sign not to ignore. This happens when there is a build-up of toxins in the body, which eventually leads to kidney failure.
When the kidneys leak a large amount of protein in the urine, your eyes tend to become puffy and swollen. When this unexplained issue occurs, don't hesitate to get a blood test or kidney test done.
You should know that electrolyte imbalances can result from impaired kidney function. So, if you are suffering from muscle cramps through the day, it is an indicator to show that your kidneys are giving up.
Your urine tells a lot about your health. Frothy or foamy urine is a clear indication of kidney failure. You will also witness a rare smell in the urine that is not to be ignored.
When the kidneys are unable to keep the right balance of minerals and nutrients in your blood, your skin begins to itch. If creams and medications fail to give you a proper relief, consider paying a visit to the doctors.
- World Kidney Day: 10 Best Detox Drinks For The Kidneys
- Top 10 Wonderful Health Benefits Of Green Bananas
- 10 Habits That Can Seriously Damage Your Kidneys
- 12 Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Kidney Stones Without Surgery
- This One Natural Ingredient Helps Cleanse Your Pancreas, Liver & Kidneys
- How To Repair Your Kidneys Naturally Using Baking Soda
- When Should You Include More Salt?
- Stay Away From Air Pollution, Know How It Harms Your Kidneys
- Scary & Bad Things That Can Happen To Your Vagina As You Age
- One Simple Way To Check If You Have Any Health Issue In 1 Minute
- Shocking! Are Incense Sticks (Agarbatti) Harmful? Read This To Find Out?
- Organ Donation Day; Important Organs That You Can Donate
- 10 Reasons Why You Are Having Frequent Headaches