- 1 hr ago Your Classic Denim-On-Denim Edit Ft. Sanam Saeed And Mahira Khan
- 2 hrs ago Karishma Tanna Makes Us Feel Fresh And Lively With Her ‘Feel’ Printed Top; Pictures And It’s Price Inside!
- 3 hrs ago Anushka Sharma And Kalki Koechlin Give Us Cool Outfit Goals And Convince Us To Use Black And White Filter More
- 5 hrs ago Gigi Hadid Teases Fans With Her Summer-Perfect Tangerine-Yellow Eye Makeup; Copy It Now!
- News Ahmedabad: Alert staffer returns returns lost bag with USD 750 to passenger
- Finance Market Closing: Sensex, Nifty End Flat Amid Volatility
- Movies Priyanka Chopra Collaborates With Victoria's Secret, Says She Got Her First Gift From The Brand At 16
- Education Father’s Day 2021: Best Father’s Day Quotes, Essay And Speech Ideas
- Sports WTC Final: India vs New Zealand: Persistent drizzle washes out toss, first session at Ageas Bowl on Day 1
- Technology Amazon Mi Watch Active Quiz Answers: Win Mi Watch Revolve Active
- Travel World Picnic Day 2021: 5 Best Picnic Spots To Visit In And Around Bangalore
- Automobiles Yamaha FZ-X Launched In India At Rs 1.16 Lakh: Retro Design, Bluetooth Connectivity Available
The human foot has two hundred and fifty perspiration glands and secretes about five hundred millilitres of perspiration every day. In actual sense, this perspiration is the primary reason for foot odour. In this article we shall talk about the reasons of feet smell and how to get rid of the smell.
Certain ailments and diseases contribute to foot odour. Toe nail fungus is a type of an infection which affects the nail as well as the nail bed. Major reasons for this fungal infection are heavy perspiration, humid environment and advanced age. This can be treated with a mixture of baking soda and vinegar. Coconut oil has also been seen to cure this.
Brevibacterium is an odour-causing bacteria. This bacterium is located on the legs and it eats dead skin to grow. It causes foot odour which is a sulphur-like smell which resembles that of rotting cabbage. To treat this, wash your feet often with soap and water and let the feet breathe. Change your socks often.
Foods with low carbs and high protein levels are likely to cause an odour in people who suffer from ketosis. The body starts creating a substance known as ethylamine. This substance has a distinctive smell like the one present in fish.
A few of the foods that cause this situation include red meat, garlic, onions, egg yolks and sea foods. Over consumption of these foods ultimately causes foot smell. Hence, to prevent this kind of smell, avoid eating these foods and consume lots of water to flush the toxins out of the body.
Athletes foot is an infection that develops between toes, soles and also on the sides of the foot. It derives its name from the fact that athletes due to excessive workouts suffer from lots of sweating and damp feet. This causes smelly feet.
This infection causes the legs to burn and an itchy feeling on the skin around the legs causing lots of discomfort to the feet. Anti-fungal medicines will help treat this problem.