- 11 min ago How To Treat Intertrigo: Safe And Effective Home Remedies
- 1 hr ago Instagram Hair Expert, Olivia Smalley Has The Perfect Hacks To Add Instant Volume To Thin Hair
- 3 hrs ago Penumbral Lunar Eclipse 2020: Here’s The Date, Time And Where To Watch Thunder Moon Eclipse
- 4 hrs ago Traditional Dresses In India: Men And Women Ethnic Wear That Defines Indian Culture
- News It's time for Instagram, PM Modi posts Ladakh pictures
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M01s Support Page Goes Live India: What To Expect?
- Movies Unknown Facts About Saroj Khan: Did You Know She Choreographed Her First Song At The Age Of 14?
- Automobiles 1,200 Vehicles Fined In Noida For Violating COVID-19 Rules & Regulations
- Finance Late Fee Relief On GST Returns Filing Extended Till July 2020
- Sports Don't compare me to Virat Kohli, but compare me to Pakistan legends: Babar Azam
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
The human foot has two hundred and fifty perspiration glands and secretes about five hundred millilitres of perspiration every day. In actual sense, this perspiration is the primary reason for foot odour. In this article we shall talk about the reasons of feet smell and how to get rid of the smell.
Certain ailments and diseases contribute to foot odour. Toe nail fungus is a type of an infection which affects the nail as well as the nail bed. Major reasons for this fungal infection are heavy perspiration, humid environment and advanced age. This can be treated with a mixture of baking soda and vinegar. Coconut oil has also been seen to cure this.
Brevibacterium is an odour-causing bacteria. This bacterium is located on the legs and it eats dead skin to grow. It causes foot odour which is a sulphur-like smell which resembles that of rotting cabbage. To treat this, wash your feet often with soap and water and let the feet breathe. Change your socks often.
Foods with low carbs and high protein levels are likely to cause an odour in people who suffer from ketosis. The body starts creating a substance known as ethylamine. This substance has a distinctive smell like the one present in fish.
A few of the foods that cause this situation include red meat, garlic, onions, egg yolks and sea foods. Over consumption of these foods ultimately causes foot smell. Hence, to prevent this kind of smell, avoid eating these foods and consume lots of water to flush the toxins out of the body.
Athletes foot is an infection that develops between toes, soles and also on the sides of the foot. It derives its name from the fact that athletes due to excessive workouts suffer from lots of sweating and damp feet. This causes smelly feet.
This infection causes the legs to burn and an itchy feeling on the skin around the legs causing lots of discomfort to the feet. Anti-fungal medicines will help treat this problem.