- 1 hr ago Daily Horoscope: 03 December 2020
- 11 hrs ago Nushrat Bharucha Exudes Eco-Friendly And Boss Lady Vibes In Her Green Pantsuit And We Loved It!
- 11 hrs ago Try This Easy-To-Make Raj Kachori Recipe
- 12 hrs ago Gauahar Khan And Zaid Darbar Flaunt Ethnic Outfits As Gauahar Announces Her Wedding Date
- News No outside person allowed to interfere in India's internal issues, says farmer leader
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 December 2 Highlights: Jasmin Is Devastated As Aly Exits House; Kavita Walks Out Leaving Everyone Shocked
- Education Career Point Star Scholarship 2020: Check Registration And Exam Pattern
- Sports India vs Australia: Switch-hit is within laws, part of game's evolution: Maxwell
- Finance Nearly 40 Small And Midcap Stock Ideas To Create Wealth In The Long Term
- Technology Excitel Revises Broadband Plans; Offering High Speed At Rs. 50
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
- Automobiles Hyundai Kona Electric SUV Recalled In India: Possible Electrical Deficiency In High-Voltage BMS
The world's biggest maker of healthcare product Johnson & Johnson has to cough up $72 million for the damages to the family of an Alabama woman who battled from ovarian cancer.
According to sources, the 62-year-old woman who passed away in October 2015 was using the giant company's Baby Powder and other products that contained talc for feminine hygiene . The deceased's son mentioned that his mother Jackie Fox used the company's products for nearly 50 years, and claimed her death was a direct result.
Even in recent times, the renowned New Jersey-based company previously has been targeted by health and consumer groups for containing harmful ingredients in their baby products.
After three years of petitions, negative publicity and a boycott threat , the company Johnson & Johnson agreed in 2012 to eliminate the ingredients; 1,4-dioxane and formaldehyde, which have said and proved to be containing properties causing cancer.
Today, Boldsky gives you some insight information as to what is the link between Johnson & Johnson products and cancer. The results will shock you. And, if you have been using the product, it is time to opt for a different talc. Take a look at how Johnson & Johnson causes cancer:
What is Talc?
Health experts state that talcum powder is a mineral, mined from the soil and composed of magnesium, silicon, oxygen, and hydrogen. This sweet smelling talcum is commonly used in beauty care products and in cosmetics which helps to absorb the moisture from the skin.
What is the main ingredient that was found in the talc?
In the past years (1970's) talcum powder contained talc that contained asbestos, but modern powder does not. And, according to health experts, the cancer may have been from years ago potential contamination with asbestos when they made the talcum powder.
What are the other risks for ovarian cancer?
Apart from this claim of Johnson & Johnson products, cancer experts state that majority of women develop ovarian cancer based on risk factors which include age, genetic predisposition, reproductive issues and the side effects of birth control too.
So, is there is a link between Johnson & Johnson and cancer?
Some of the studies suggest there is a link between talcum powder and ovarian cancer, but then again there are certain reports which are not clear yet, whether these gentle baby products contain talc that can cause the deadly disease, cancer.
Do you know the signs of ovarian cancer?
Some of the signs of ovarian cancer include: rapid weight loss, abdominal bloating or swelling,discomfort in the pelvis area, changes in bowel habits which is normally constipation and the need to frequently urinate.
How to detect ovarian cancer?
The doctor will first do a physical exam to look for signs of ovarian cancer. If there is a possibility that the ovary is enlarged with the help of a pelvic exam, and there are further signs of fluid in the abdomen called ascites, it is none other than the deadly disease.