- 10 hrs ago What Is Scream Therapy? Read About How Horror Movies Can Benefit Your Mental Health!
- 11 hrs ago Alia Bhatt And Malaika Arora Convince Us To Invest In Single-Tone Outfits With All-Blue And All-Green Look
- 11 hrs ago Diabetes And Itching: What Are The Causes Of Itching In Diabetics And How To Treat Them?
- 14 hrs ago Viral Infections May Promote Alzheimer's Like Diseases: Study
- Technology Flipkart Big Diwali Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Smartphones
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 Oct 21 Highlights: Shamita & Nishant Get Into Huge Argument; Jay Objects To Losing Price Money
- Sports Brand El Clasico is bigger than brand Messi: Fernando Sanz
- News We shouldn't expect favourable outcome in every round of border talks with China: Gen Naravane
- Finance Citibank Today Revised Its Interest Rates On FD: Here’s What You Can Get Now
- Travel Best Winter Destinations In Andaman And Nicobar Islands
- Education 7th Pay Commission News: 3 Per Cent DA Hike For Central Government Employees, Pensioners Ahead Of Diwali
- Automobiles MG Astor Bookings Opened: First Batch Gets Sold Out Within 20 Minutes
Eyesight is the most important of our five senses, yet not many are aware of how to protect it. Our eyes are working all the time and we need to prevent it from various diseases.
People are always using their eyes either by working on the laptop or gazing at their smartphones, more than before, and this does have serious repercussions and can impact our vision.
Our eyes are paying the price for our addiction, but we can incorporate certain dietary powerhouses to improve our eyesight.
If you are willingly going to tire your eyes for daily routine activities (glued to the TV, staring at the table or laptop, reading a book), then remember it is time that you meet an eye doctor to implement certain techniques that can improve your eye health.
Poor vision can also be caused by the blue light emitted from the smartphone (HEV light), which is a form of light that penetrates into the skin as well as harms the eye.
Most people assume that eyesight only begins to deteriorate as you age. Dimming of the eyesight can happen at any age, and it is not an inevitable part of old age.
Nowadays, we tire our eyes with our routine activities that can affect them without our knowledge, and yet we don't take serious preventative measures to improve our vision.
So, how can we save our eyesight? We can protect our vision from an inevitable digital eye straining, caused by laptop, tablet or smartphone, by considering a few healthy tips.
Our vision can be improved with certain healthy foods that can help prevent dry eyes, macular degeneration and even cataracts.
It is a proven fact that eating fish regularly can improve our eyesight to a considerable extent. So, let's find out how fish can improve our eyesight when different eye disorders can affect us? Read on.
In Case Of A Dry Eye Syndrome
Eating fish can protect our eyes from a dry eye syndrome. This is definitely an irritating condition, as your eyes do not produce enough fluid.
Dry eye syndrome can result in itchy red eyes, which can turn out to be painful sometimes. Getting omega-3 fatty acids from fish is imperative for your eye health, since it guards against the risk of a dry eye syndrome.
In Case Of A Cataract
Consuming oily fish like tuna and salmon does boost your eye heath as well as your vision. These are certain kinds of fishes that are crammed with omega-3 fatty acids, which can protect your eyes against cataracts.
In Case Of An Infant Vision Development
Adding adequate amounts of omega-3 fatty acid supplements in the diet of a pregnant woman can stimulate vision development in infants.
Proper consumption can help better vision acuity for infants within 2 months of age than those infants whose mothers didn't ingest the omega-3 fatty acid supplements. Fish is the best source to provide the omega-3s that are required to improve infant vision development.
To Benefit The Retina
Fatty fishes (salmon, sardines, tuna and cod) are considered to be high in fat-based nutrients, which consistently help in enhancing your brain power; and it does lead to a better vision.
Taking these supplements are beneficially good for the retina and also protect you from various allergies.
In Case Of Age-related Macular Degeneration
People who consume the highest levels of omega-3 fatty acids from fishes are less likely to have age related macular degeneration (AMD). Moreover, you will be 40% less likely to have AMD if you eat fish regularly.
In Case Of Glaucoma
Interestingly, essential fatty acids can also decrease the risk of glaucoma as well as high eye pressure. Fatty acids in the fish help in the proper drainage of fluid from the eye, thereby helping keep glaucoma away.
In Case Of A Blurry Vision
Usually, having dry eye causes inflammation in the conjunctiva, which does result in redness.
Besides, the inflammation can irritate the eye and would contribute sporadically to blurry vision; however, it is important that you chomp through fishes or fish oil, in order to reduce the soreness caused by a dry eye. Omega-3 fatty acids found in fish oil can even prevent the blurry vision episode.
These are some of the benefits of eating a fish, as it can help improve your eyesight and keep various eye disorders at bay.