- Sports India’s first Global Sports Injury Conclave held in Bengaluru
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Sale 2020: Massive Discounts on Budget Smartphones
- Movies Mohanlal's Ram: Prachi Tehlan's Character Is Revealed!
- News SC to hear Special Leave Petition filed by Nirbhaya's killer Pawan Kumar Gupta on Monday
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Experts have explained that the acrylamide caused in starchy foods while being cooked in high temperature leads to cancer. This chemical also causes serious reproductive problems.
Laboratory tests in animals this year, a joint WHO and United Nations expert committee on food additives agreed there was evidence that the chemical acrylamide caused cancer.
"Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ) has assessed the new data and agrees with the conclusions. The authority has acknowledged there is a need for ongoing research into health impacts of acrylamide in food.The FSANZ has been working with industry to reduce the levels of acrylamide in food," said FSANZ spokeswoman.There are also speculations that acrylamide has toxic effect. The level of this chemical depends completely on the level of heat and the time the food has been cooked for. Steps are being taken to reduce the level of this chemical in food stuff. However, experts of WHO, insist on healthy eating and avoiding snacks. Acrylamide is just one of the dangerous chemicals which is present in snacks there are also certain microbial contamination which are present in snacks and capable enough to cause serious health condition.