- Automobiles Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.81 Lakh
- News PIL challenging renaming of Allahabad to Prayagraj: SC issues notice to UP govt
- Finance Budget 2020: Duty-Free Alcohol, Cigarette Purchase May Be Restricted
- Technology Black Shark Joins Hands With Tencent Games For Its Upcoming Gaming Smartphone
- Movies IT'S OFFICIAL! Karan Johar To Present Vijay Deverakonda's VD10 With Puri Jagannadh; Read Deets
- Sports KL Rahul set to continue as wicketkeeper-batsman for a while: Virat Kohli
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Is heart attack or stroke common in Diabetes?
Heart attack and stroke are at least four to five times more common in people with Diabetes than without. This is because circulation is affected in Diabetes and unfortunately this happens all over the body. We are concerned for three organs mainly, the compromise of circulation in the heart gives rise to angina or heart attack. Similar problem in brain would give rise to stroke and in the feet would result into gangrene.
What is neuropathy?
Pathology of the nerve is called neuropathy and Diabetes is the commonest cause of neuropathy. Diabetes may cause positive or negative symptoms, positive symptoms means nerves are irritated and you have pain. Typically, the pain is common at rest and more at night, often responsible for sleepless night. We have treatment available for this but controlling Diabetes in similar situation is very important and actually in such a situation Insulin works better and if you are on tablet, you can think of starting Insulin for a while. Taking vitamin tablet for this in most of the cases are of no help.
Negative symptoms or lack of sensation, feeling numb are due to nerves not working any more and in most of the cases this is permanent.
Can erectile dysfunction happen in diabetes?
This is a very rarely discussed issue both by the patient as well as the doctor. It can occur both in men & women. Examination is of limited value, blood investigations followed by the appropriate treatment can alleviate the problem.