- 30 min ago Taapsee Pannu And Other Divas Flaunt Stylish Outfits At The Thappad Screening Event
- 40 min ago 22 Health Benefits Of Papaya Leaves: Side Effects And How To Use
- 54 min ago Chandrashekhar Azad's Death Anniversay: 11 Facts About The Brave Freedom Fighter
- 8 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 27 February 2020
- Finance You Will Soon Be Able To Buy Mutual Funds Directly From Exchanges
- Technology Lenovo Legion Gaming Phone Teased; Tipped To Pack Super Fast Charging
- Movies Watch: John Oliver's Critical Report On Narendra Modi's Presidential Tenure Is Unmissable
- Sports ICC Women's T20 World Cup 2020: India hold nerve to beat New Zealand, enter semifinals
- News Sonia Gandhi-led Congress delegation meets Kovind over Delhi violence
- Automobiles Hyundai i20 2020 Models Interiors Revealed Ahead Of India Launch: Details And Expected Features
- Travel Least Polluted Cities In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
Back ache is a pain that can be felt anywhere along the spinal chord. It is an outcome of the malfunction and discomfort of the spinal chord as a whole and muscles, nerves and bone joints in particular.
The back pain can be divided into neck pain, upper back, lower back, tail bone pain. The intensity of pain can vary from a dull, slight pain to an acute pain. Sometimes the pain is sharp and piercing.
The symptoms :
You can feel a constant discomfort and pain in the back. Taking rest and pain killer cream like Moove or pills do not make any difference.
The pain may become worse with some activity.
The pain can increase with prolonged sitting and or sleeping in any one position.
If its a neck or upper back pain, pillows can increase the discomfort.
A neck pain can make you feel giddy and sometimes pukish.
You may find it difficult to bend or pick up heavy weights.
An acute pain may cause difficulty in moving about.
Depending on the intensity of the pain, back pain can be treated with long term treatments or short term treatments.
Short Term Treatments
Use of medicines, pain killers and other muscles relaxants can treat back pain at the initial stages. Non-sterodial anti inflammatory drugs are the most common medicines.
A regular oil massage can relax your muscles and give you some relief. Ayurvedic oil massages are the best for treating back pains.
Acupressure and pressure point massages are also effective.
Long Term Therapies
If the pain is acute and short term home remedies are not effective, it is advisable to consult a doctor as soon as possible.
Physiotherapies are one of the best treatments for back pain. A session of 10 days or even longer may give you a lot of relief.
Cold compression therapy is advocated for a chronic pain and is postulated to reduce pain and inflammation.
For extreme cases, doctors may also advice electrotherapy.
Back pains can be worst enough to go under the knife. Patients with Lumbar Disc Herniation, Spinal Stenosis, Compression Fracture are all adviced to undergo a surgery.
Back pains can not be cured 100 per cent. Long term treatments also loose its effect if regular care is not taken. Back pain patients should regularly take steps to avoid recurring of the pain.
Regular exercise, enough rest, lowering down of the stress level and a balanced nutritious food is important.