Dieting involves keeping a track of the calories and replacing your unhealthy snacks with healthy substitutes. Dieting is definitely hard work.
After weeks and months of your dieting, you'll finally start seeing changes in your body. You also may devote a day of the week to binge on what you love.
This day is referred to as the 'cheat day'. Sometimes, this cheat day can turn out to be disastrous for some people. All the hard work that they had put in to reduce a significant amount of weight over a course of time suddenly evaporates in front of their eyes.
Of course, you'll not gain weight in a day. It is very difficult to gain fat just like how tough it is to lose it.
Fat gain and loss depends on your energy or calorie balance. It relies on how many calories you take in versus how many calories you use during the day.
If you use more energy than what you take in, the body will use some of the energy from the fat stores. If you're taking in more energy or overeating beyond your body requirement, then you build fat stores.
In this article, we have discussed about the cheat day temporary weight gain. So, read further for all that you need to know about the link between cheat day and weight gain.
1. A Cheat Day Once In A While Is Okay:
Once in a while, a cheat day will not erase weeks of hard work. You 'll not gain a huge amount of weight in just a day or two. But you must understand the fact that extra calories add up overtime, a lot faster than you think.
Hence, there must be a control over the gap between your cheat days as well as the amount of food you eat.
2. Add Bites Of Healthy Goodies To Your Diet:
If you're worried that you'll go overboard on the kind of foods that you eat, then you can add small bites of your favourite food in your regular meals. This will help you mind your cravings.
3. Never Binge Eat:
Sometimes, you can end up binging on certain foods. It is advised that during such instances, you must chew your food slowly and taste its flavour. You shouldn't be afraid to enjoy your food.
4. Tell Yourself You Can Always Have More:
You can serve yourself a small serving of indulgent foods and remind yourself that you can always have it even tomorrow. This will help prevent the panic and will stop you from piling your plate with it.
- What You Should Know About Weight Gain During Pregnancy
- Is Your Healthy Diet Dangerous For You?
- Does Weightlifting Reduce Or Stunt Height And Stop Growth?
- Your Diet Controls How Your Body Stores Fats, Not Your Genes
- 8 Early Signs And Symptoms Of Lung Cancer
- Foods That Help Increase The Weight Of Baby In The Womb
- 40 Foods To Get Rid Of The Fluid Retention Weight
- There Are 7 Common Signs That You Are Over-stressed
- Eating Quickly Can Cause These Health Issues
- Obesity & Underweight Increases Depression Risk In Women
- These Things Will Happen To Your Body If You Don't Eat Meat
- Walnuts Can Boost Your Digestive Health: Study