- 36 min ago What Is Gaming Disorder And How It Can Be Treated
- 51 min ago Disha Patani And Other Divas Make A Fashionable Splash With Their Latest Magazine Covers
- 1 hr ago This All-Natural Henna Hair Dye Is The Only Remedy You Need For Your Grey Hair
- 1 hr ago Ranveer Singh Rocks Two Extremely Different Outfits, Which One Did You Like More?
- Movies Saif Ali Khan On Mean Comments During His First Few Auditions: 'People Felt I Looked Like A Girl'
- News J&K: Pakistan violates ceasefire in Shahpur sector of Poonch district
- Technology Vivo V17: The Good, Bad, And The X Factor
- Finance Sensex, Nifty End With Marginal Gains; End 2-Day Losing Run
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Sports 'He can do it all', 'one for the ages' - LeBron and Lakers laud dominant Davis
- Automobiles Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
In order to lose weight, the first thing that ones does is - avoid consumption of fats. It has been ingrained in out mind that fats are bad for your health, especially when you are looking at losing weight.
But did you know that this is one of the biggest mistakes that you have been doing. Avoiding fats totally can do more harm to your body and this will not help in your weight loss process.
It might sound strange but a new study has found that a high-fat diet can actually help one to lose weight in a healthy way.
The study has identified a pathway to prevent fat cell from growing larger that leads to weight gain and obesity.
So how exactly does high-fat diet help one to lose weight? Fats are one of the three macronutrients which is essential to sustain a healthy life. Fats helps developing nerve sheath coating.
Human tissues are made up of fat, hence ruling out fats completely from the diet can never be a good idea.
For the study, conducted by Washington University in St. Louis U.S, researchers had activated Hedgehog pathway in fat cells in mice and fed them high fat diet without making them overweight.
According to the researchers, the pathway discovered by the team may act as a new therapeutic target for treating obesity. The researchers explained that the fat accumulation is mainly due increased fat cell size and each fat cell grows bigger so that it can hold larger fat droplets.
When the fat cells begin to expand, that is when the person tends to gain weight- as opposed to having more fat cells. The team focused on the so-called Hedgehog protein pathway that is active in many tissues in the body.
The findings revealed that after about eight weeks of eating the high-fat diet, control animals whose Hedgehog pathways had not been activated became obese. On the other hand, mice that had been engineered with genes to activate the pathway were fine in terms of their weight gain. They did not gain any more weight than those control animals that consumed normal diets.
The researchers believe that the Hedgehog pathway could have prevented obesity by inhibiting the size of the fat cells and prevented them from collecting and storing fat droplets.
The study was recently published in the journal e life.
Meanwhile, also learn about a list of high-fat foods that are actually healthy. Take a look.
Avocado are loaded with fats. But the fats contained in avocados are good fat or monounsaturated fat called oleic acid. Avocados are rich in fibre and potassium content and aids one to lose weight.
2. Dark Chocolates:
Dark chocolates are rich in good fat and contains calories. However due to its antioxidant properties it is known to lower the cholesterol and blood pressure too. Also studies show that consuming dark chocolates in limited amount helps to improve your memory.
Nuts are rich in fibre, protein, vitamin E and other essential minerals. Consuming nuts on a regular basis helps in preventing diabetes, hear disease and lowers the risk of obesity.
4. Chia Seeds:
Chia seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acid that are heart-healthy. Known for its anti-inflammatory properties, consuming chia seeds helps in lowering blood pressure and is good for the heart.
5. Extra Virgin Olive Oil:
Extra virgin olive oil contains good fats like oleic acid. In addition, it also contains vitamins E and K, and contains powerful antioxidants. It helps fight inflammation, lowers blood pressure and reduces the risk of heart disease.
(With Agency Inputs)