We all might be aware of intermittent fasting! It is a type of fasting which does not direct you to eat what but it, of course, directs you to eat when and gives specific time slots for consuming food.
This type ofa fasting has shown innumerable benefits on the human system! But a word of caution! If you are a woman then intermittent fasting might not be for you.
Want to know why! Well! Intermittent fasting can wreck the balanced secretion of hormones in the body and it might also lead to fertility issues. This type of fasting can affect the menstruation cycle and the ovaries might grow smaller in size.
It can also lead to many eating disorders like anorexia, bulimia and binge eating. The best solution for women is the Crescendo fasting technique for weight loss! This article deals with this unique method of fasting to lose weight!
What Is Crescendo Fasting Technique?
This fasting technique is a method wherein you need to fast for a few days in a week instead of starving yourself every day. This is a modified approach to intermittent fasting and has ample benefits on the human body, especially for women.
Benefits Of Crescendo Fasting:
- Being a gentle approach on the woman's body, this type of fasting takes care of the hormonal balance which plays a very important part in every woman's life. In other words, your hormones are not thrown into a frenzy.
- This is an excellent method to shed those extra pounds and slim down in a not so difficult fashion.
- The energy levels are also maintained to the optimum and thus you might not get tired so easily.
Rules To Be Followed During Crescendo Fasting:
- This fasting should be done on alternate days of a week that is to say, for about two to three days per week. In other words, Crescendo fasting should be followed during nonconsecutive days of a week. For example, if you undertake to fast on Tuesday, the next days of fasting for you are on Thursday and Saturday.
- Crescendo fasters, ideally fast for about 12 to 16 hours instead of 12 to 20 hours. For example, if they stop eating at 7 pm then they do not consume anything till about 9 am the next morning.
- On the days when fasting is undertaken, yoga and light cardio exercises should be done.
- On the days when there is no fasting, intense workouts like strength training or Burst/HIIT training should be carried out.
- Do keep yourself hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Beverages like tea and coffee are fine to be had as long as there is no added milk or sweetener in them.
- After the passage of two weeks, one more day of fasting can be added to the schedule.
- Consider having BCAAs (branched chain amino acids) during your fast days. The dosage being 5-8 grams, branched chain amino acids can replenish the protein levels in your system and thus prevent breakage of muscles. Also, it can prevent starvation.
- Crescendo fasting gets its name because you gradually work on a fasting schedule that suits your body.
A Word Of Caution:
When you experience abnormal period cycles or certain eating disorders then maybe this kind of fasting is not for you.
Because of the unique combination of fat loss and health benefits, Crescendo fasting has become very popular, especially amongst women.
Instead of unmindful eating, if you follow this type of fasting to shed those pesky pounds and stay in shape then we should say that you have adopted a smart way of eating and fasting!
- How Much Protein Do You Exactly Need For Weight Loss?
- 8 Common Mistakes People Make When Trying to Lose Weight
- Raw Food Diet : Benefits And Side Effects You Should Know
- What Is Kate Middleton's Weight Loss Diet?
- The Complete Weight-Loss Guide For Men Over 40
- Does Basil Or Tulsi Help You Lose Weight?