- 19 min ago International Aviation Day 2019: Significance Behind Celebrating This Day
- 44 min ago Deepika Padukone, Kangana Ranaut And Other Divas Have Wedding-Perfect Neckpieces For Us
- 52 min ago 8 Myths About Live-In Relationships And Facts You Are Unsure About
- 7 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 07 December 2019
- Technology Airtel Confirms Mobile App Security Flaw Exposed User Data Of Millions
- Automobiles Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- News Statue of Unity surpasses daily average footfall at Statue of Liberty
- Movies Most-Viewed Tamil Movies Of 2019 On OTT Platforms: Viswasam Tops The List!
- Sports Virat Kohli gets brutally honest with his batting: 'Young batsmen, don't watch'
- Finance SEBI Directs LIC, BoB And SBI To Reduce Stake In UTI AMC
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
Saree anyhow makes any woman look prettier than her usual self and if you ask us, carrying a saree is a no cakewalk. For many girls who find it exasperating to carry a nicely draped saree, an often face style mishap for carrying it the wrong way, we do feel you!
Draping a saree is an art but we would not tell you that unless you know how to drape a saree. We will in fact tell you to learn draping a saree because it is an art and there is no harm in exercising in it.
Here, we have summed up the different ways of draping a saree other than the regular way, which is also called the 'Nivi Style'.
After Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Devdas and due to the gorgeous Bong actresses of Bollywood, the entire country is much familiar with the Bengali way of draping a saree. It is very elegant and also showers grandeur out of the look of any girl who dons a saree in this way.
This style was mostly adopted by Bengali women of the royal families where the saree had double-wrapped pallus, one holding the house key. This style is mostly worn with authentic white and red bordered sarees or the "Laal Pere Shada Saree".
Bollywood again made this style of draping a saree popular. This in fact is one of the coolest ways to drape a saree with a traditional touch in it. These sarees are draped in a way where the bottom is dhoti shaped, while the pallu's width is less and wrapped around the left shoulder.
This style is too unique and cannot be matched with any traditional way of draping a saree. This is an evolutionary style; but if you really want to carry a hot look in a saree, then this style is definitely the one for you. For this way of draping, you should make your pallus less wide and the bottom has to be pressed like a mermaid.
Have you noticed Shilpa Shetty's typical way of holding her saree pallus or do you remember Priyanka chopra's ‘Desi Girl' look? Well if you do, then we must tell you that the hot way of wearing the super thin pallu on a light weight saree is the butterfly style. Even Sushmita Sen wore the same style of saree for one of the songs of Maine Pyaar Kyu Kiya.
Mumtaaz has always been an iconic lady for styling and her styles are everlasting. If you remember her orange saree look for the song "Aj kal tere mere pyaar ke charche" from the film Brahmachari, then you'll know what we are talking about. She looked mindblowing in that, didn't she?