- 10 hrs ago From Suits To Skirt Sets, Divyanka Tripathi Dahiya Has Fashion Goals For Every Occasion
- 16 hrs ago Global Citizen Live: Anil Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan, Kiara Advani, Hrithik Roshan To Participate
- 18 hrs ago R.1 COVID-19 Variant: Everything You Need To Know
- 19 hrs ago What Is Bipolar Disorder? Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Treatments And Prevention
- Sports IPL 2021, SRH vs PBKS: Full List of Award Winners, Man of The Match, Post Match Presentation Highlights
- Movies Iconic Gold Awards 2021 Winners List: Shivangi Joshi, Debattama-Karanvir, Rrahul-Helly & Others Win Big
- News Threat of climate change 'looming large': PM Modi at Global Citizen Live
- Finance LIC Listing To Happen By 4th Quarter Of This Year: CEA
- Automobiles ‘Built To Order’ Platform Allows For The Customisation Of Apache RR 310; First Batch Sold Out
- Technology Oppo Reno7 To Feature Identical Design As The Reno6; Might Launch Soon
- Travel World Tourism Day 2021: 5 Breathtaking Natural Wonders Of The World To See – Part 2
- Education UPSC CSE 2020: IAS Topper Tina Dabi’s Sister Ria Dabi Gets Rank 15 In Civil Services Exam
Carrie Bradshaw of Sex and the City didn't quite like scrunchies and she made it quite evident in one of the episodes of the hit series, which gained quite a fanbase - particularly there is still a dedicated fan following of the show's most iconic character, Carrie Bradshaw. Played by Sarah Jessica Parker, Carrie Bradshaw's famous 'scrunchie' dialogue not only resulted in her argument with Berger but also contributed to the decline in popularity of the scrunchies. Well, in this Flashback Friday story, let's find out what Carrie Bradshaw actually said about scrunchie.
Picture Source: T&T's STORE
So, while she loved Berger's book and moreover the way she said she loved it, it was a pure gushing over but there was a minor fashion detail in the book that she didn't approve of. She told Berger that you have a leading lady running all over town wearing a scrunchie. Berger, who must not have paid attention to a minor detail like scrunchie while writing, asked Carrie, "A scrunchie. The hair thing? What's wrong with that?" Carrie replied that nothing unless you're writing about women on the island of Manhattan. However, Berger didn't take the comment lightly and in fact argued that a lot of women in New York wear scrunchies and Carrie Bradshaw had a quick tongue-in-cheek response, "In the bathroom maybe." As the scrunchie argument in the Sex and the City episode escalated, Carrie Bradshaw finally said, "No women who works at W-magazine and lives on Perry Street would be caught dead at a hip downtown restaurant wearing a scrunchie!" In other words, she just mocked the 80s scrunchies fashion and looked down upon the piece of accessory. And Carrie Bradshaw fans were equally quick to ditch scrunchies.
Photo Source: Backgrid
However, this was back in early 2000, when Carrie Bradshaw was condescending about scrunchies fashion but 10 years later in 2010, the scrunchies made a comeback with Hadid sisters, Gigi and Bella Hadid, Selena Gomez, among others making a strong case for scrunchies. Today, scrunchies - the fabric hair accessory, have become popular and common. These elastic bands come in different hues and patterns, and the satin scrunchies are the most loved. Also, a scrunchie and scarf combination also sells like hot cakes. So, Carrie Bradshaw might regret passing a comment about scrunchie but we will always love her.
Cover Picture Source: Instagram