- 50 min ago Weekly Horoscope: 16 May To 22 May
- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 16 May 2021
- 13 hrs ago Akshaya Patra Starts COVID-19 Relief Feeding Centre In Bengaluru, Home Minister of Karnataka Launches the Prog
- 17 hrs ago Eid ul-Fitr: Sania Mirza Flaunts A Dark Green Suit, Gives Us A Twinning Moment With Her Son; Pictures Inside!
- Finance Why Mutual Funds Are Showing 1-Year Returns of 70-80%?
- Sports Juventus 3-2 Inter: Cuadrado scores twice as Bianconeri keep top-four hopes alive
- News Covid-19 vaccine: India to have 51.6 crore doses by July, says Harsh Vardhan
- Movies Dhanush's D43: Here Is An Exciting Update On The Karthick Naren Directorial!
- Education IIIT-Delhi Announces Season 5 Of The Summer Camp For Government School Students
- Automobiles Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- Technology Oppo Find X3 Pro Mars Exploration Edition With 65W Charging Launched: Coming To India?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
Carrie Bradshaw of Sex and the City didn't quite like scrunchies and she made it quite evident in one of the episodes of the hit series, which gained quite a fanbase - particularly there is still a dedicated fan following of the show's most iconic character, Carrie Bradshaw. Played by Sarah Jessica Parker, Carrie Bradshaw's famous 'scrunchie' dialogue not only resulted in her argument with Berger but also contributed to the decline in popularity of the scrunchies. Well, in this Flashback Friday story, let's find out what Carrie Bradshaw actually said about scrunchie.
Picture Source: T&T's STORE
So, while she loved Berger's book and moreover the way she said she loved it, it was a pure gushing over but there was a minor fashion detail in the book that she didn't approve of. She told Berger that you have a leading lady running all over town wearing a scrunchie. Berger, who must not have paid attention to a minor detail like scrunchie while writing, asked Carrie, "A scrunchie. The hair thing? What's wrong with that?" Carrie replied that nothing unless you're writing about women on the island of Manhattan. However, Berger didn't take the comment lightly and in fact argued that a lot of women in New York wear scrunchies and Carrie Bradshaw had a quick tongue-in-cheek response, "In the bathroom maybe." As the scrunchie argument in the Sex and the City episode escalated, Carrie Bradshaw finally said, "No women who works at W-magazine and lives on Perry Street would be caught dead at a hip downtown restaurant wearing a scrunchie!" In other words, she just mocked the 80s scrunchies fashion and looked down upon the piece of accessory. And Carrie Bradshaw fans were equally quick to ditch scrunchies.
Photo Source: Backgrid
However, this was back in early 2000, when Carrie Bradshaw was condescending about scrunchies fashion but 10 years later in 2010, the scrunchies made a comeback with Hadid sisters, Gigi and Bella Hadid, Selena Gomez, among others making a strong case for scrunchies. Today, scrunchies - the fabric hair accessory, have become popular and common. These elastic bands come in different hues and patterns, and the satin scrunchies are the most loved. Also, a scrunchie and scarf combination also sells like hot cakes. So, Carrie Bradshaw might regret passing a comment about scrunchie but we will always love her.
Cover Picture Source: Instagram